Friday, November 7, 2008

Running in Circles

As I was reflecting on this crazy week, I couldn't help but laugh! It was the kind of week that felt like I was running on a tredmill and didn't get anywhere, but at least I could laugh along the way!

I found out the reason I was dragging this week was because I had a sinus infection! I didn't even clue in and went to the dentist because my teeth ached! That should have been the first clue I picked up on. So that is the reason I've been in a fog! Wade and I have been quite a pair-- him a cripple and me a zombie. So as I'm coming out of my daze I'm laughing at the events that transpired this week.

"What is mine is yours!"--- is the motto in our house with teenagers. I always wished for a sister to share clothes and now I have a daughter to share with. I came home from the dentist on Wednesday and took off my shoes and made dinner in a hurry because I had to get everyone fed for Mutual. Laurisa had to leave a half an hour early to practice her song for Women in Excellence night. So after I got things cleaned up I went to put my shoes on and rush out the door. I couldn't find them anywhere. I was such in a fog I could not remember where I put them. Needless to say I gave up and had to wear some shoes that didn't really go with the outfit, but at this point I didn't care because I was late from searching.
As I was sitting there watching Laurisa walk back to her seat from singing there were my shoes on her feet. Laurisa now knows what it is like to walk in her mother's shoes, or does she. I said to her there are my shoes and she just shrugged her shoulders and gave me a huge smile.
Yesterday as I was feeling a little bit better I ran some errands. I decided to surprise Wade and wash his car. I wanted to do something for him since he has been recovering from his "taking out the trash" injury. I came home so excited to surprise him. Because he has been couped he was anxious to run errands when I came home. When he came through the door I asked him where he went. He answered with, "I went to wash my car! So you can get a small glimpse of how my week was! I truly felt as if I ran in circles!

4 comments:

Amber said...

That is a circle! Your car must be very clean! I'm glad your feeling a little better. Who knew it would be the trash that would slow Wade down!

I'm really looking forward to seeing you, Monica! I need some sister fun!

Ging said...

I know what you mean. Holli was the worst about wearing my shoes! Oh, and of course, my jewelry!!!!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Ok, so I know this is random:)but....Monica I love your hair, your doing it different?! It looks really good on you. ( i saw the pictures on mom and dad's blog.)
xoxojolyn
p.s Joslyn, I can't get into your blog!?!? Invite me again!

Monica said...

Oh thanks I'm just curling it with a curling iron! The farrah faucett feather look is back! Joslyn gave me a few highlights!
I'll tell Joslyn to invite you again to her blog!
Love ya,
Monica