Monday, July 20, 2009

Kids in the Kitchen

One of my favorite things, is to have my kids in the kitchen with me. Summer provides more time for kids to learn how to cook. Jake's cooking night he made homemade Lasagna. Jake is quite the cook. He enjoyed taking a cooking class at the junior high this year and surprisingly learned quite a lot about cooking. He has even taught his mom a few things.
This Lasagna recipe he followed was the recipe on the back of the box but he substituted ground turkey instead of beef and used fresh herbs from our garden which made it extra flavorful. We took it up to the cabin and all the teenagers said it was the best Lasagna they have ever eaten. It really was amazing! Way to go Jake.
Mitch has also been cooking quite a lot and I might add that he has also been doing the grocery shopping (which is my least favorite thing) I love having teenage drivers. Mitch calls it his mission prep training. Mitch makes amazing cookies! I love having my kids in the kitchen this summer providing us with yummy meals.

8 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

ahh ! i miss being in the kitchen cooking and cleaning with the family. wow, never thought i'd say that! cant wait to see youuuu!:)

Meggie said...

Way to go Jake!

michelle said...

Good job Jake!!! :)

Jolyn Buhrley said...

hmmmmm YUM! I am hungry. His future wife is so lucky!:)

Amber said...

When do we get to taste Jake's Lasagna???

Jill Heaps said...

I am looking forward to a homemade meal from Jake next week! It looks so yummy!!! Very impressive :)

marilyn said...

Your wife is going to love your many talents and especially that you can even cook, amazing, I think I am hungry for lasagna, you boys are so prepared for your missions you do laundry cook, and know your scriptures, are great leaders wow what can I can you both are amazing!!! Love you

Amber said...

Mitch, Jake and Laurisa should be cooking for our reunion! Too bad we don't have more time!