Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Women's Conference

This year we stayed with family for Women's conference. The Whitings let us stay in their basement apartment. It was better than any hotel. They were such wonderful hostesses! It was great to get to see everyone. Emily always makes me feel so loved she couldn't wait to see me so I talked all of my friends into stopping by her house. I would travel any distance just to have her hugs and kisses! She is the most loveable child. Amber was able to join us for the Thursday Conference! Thanks Mom and Dad for allowing us to stay with you!

Women's Conference was amazing this year! I don't know if it was just more needed that made it so wonderful, but I have never seen the Marriott Center filled to the brim. I couldn't get enough of the whole experience. It is truly one of my favorite things to partake of. I felt like a sponge trying to take it all in and seriously couldn't get enough. I always feel so uplifted being a part of it all! This is the third year we have been together at Women's Conference--Kelly Breinholt, Jan Child and Kathy Rollender ( we missed you Kathy Gray). I enjoy the tradition. We have such a great time together. We stayed up late playing "canasta" and laughing so hard that we couldn't breathe. I have the best friends in the world and love them all, they inspire me to want to be better.
The beauty of Utah surrounded us wherever we went. We loved seeing the tulip festival, going to the Timpanogas temple, shopping, massages, and dining.

5 comments:

Meg said...

You have had quite the month!! How fun for you to have 2 girly weeks!! Utah is beautiful and I am glad that you took advantage to do so much while you were here.. except see me that is!! hahahha Ok, I know my hugs aren't as good as Emily's! I'll acceot it! :) Love you

Amber said...

Thanks, Monica for the fun time! I enjoyed meeting your friends and spending time with you. I really would like to see that concert next year!

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

Jill Heaps said...

I had to laugh when we left Grandmas that night because she said, "I like it when Monica doesn't have sooo many friends with her!" She just doesn't like to share her Aunt Monica! It was great to see you :)

marilyn said...

It was great having you and your friends, its fun to see how much you enjoy each other. I know you get so much more out of Womens Conference when you attend it all instead of just a couple of classes. I really want to be able to go maybe next year? I have a feeling we will get to see more of you since we are stealing Joslyn for a while. love you