Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chick Cruise

I was invited on a "Chick Cruise" by a wonderful friend of mine, Britt Booher (our amazing cruise director). I was a little apprehensive leaving my man behind and going with a bunch of women but it turned out to be an amazing adventure! Even though I got a little home sick, which was a first for me, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it with these remarkable women. It was a group of twelve women, 6 of them were already great friends and by the time the cruise was over I felt like I had known all these women a life time! It was so fun to meet new friends and cultivate better relationships with my already friends. All these women are truly amazing and I enjoyed being able to rub shoulders and learn from each one of them! I love them all---they are so much fun to be around.
The cruise ship went to Key West and Grand Cayman Island. Everyday was filled with adventure, excitement and lots of laughs. We had many inside jokes through the trip, "Do you believe in destiny!", "How's my bangs?", My husbands a nerd he'll take lots of pictures of you!", my roommate is high maintenance,....etc! The food was amazing on the Celebrity. I loved to go to the spa and eat at the spa restaurant. I could eat food like that everyday and be so happy! We all also loved the ice cream, coconut was a favorite! One of the highlights was "Sting Ray City" in the Cayman Islands. I had this baby sting ray just latch on to me and give me hugs! I could have taken the sting-ray home if I could have figured out a way. I think it would have been very happy in our salt water pool as a pet. We spent a day canoeing and biking around the Island of Key West. It was so fun to bike and stop and shop and eat! What a fun adventure it was! It is amazing the power that many women have together! We could usually talk our guides into just about anything, except picking a plumeria flower on the side of the road. Everyone was so accommodating!

11 comments:

THE BESSE BUNCH said...

how fun!!! i would love to go on an all girls cruise!! i am glad you had so much fun!!! love you tons!!!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

This is the cutest post ever!! Its a good thing that after 2 weeks of not posting you posted this! We missed you so much when you went on your chik cruise. . the pictures are so cute! I love them! How fun.. i wanted to go ! Your friends are a blast.

Britt said...

Monica, you are one of the best friends a girl could have! I was so happy you came on board and played with me! I agree that the baby stingray would have done just fine in your pool.....and then I could have come and visited him.
Joslyn's post reminded me of a fun idea....a mom/daughter cruise!

Meg said...

That is so fun!! I love to Cruise!! SO glad you got to experience that!

The Breinholts said...

I am so glad you had so much fun! I love all your pics! You are such a great friend to everyone!

Jill Heaps said...

Do you ever have a dull moment? What a fun memory! I am glad you had such a great time!

Tammy said...

how fun for you!!
hey i need you email address, please.

Christina said...

Girl trips are always a must!! What a fun one!

akglaciergirl said...

Monica~I'm so glad I got to meet you on our Chick Cruise and I look forward to this every year! I had so much fun!! You are an amazing woman that I'm happy to call my new friend! and yes that baby stingray would definitely have come home with you~he loved you!! I still want to find you a stuffed toy one for you to snuggle with:) I love your blog and checking out your family pics and can't wait to meet them when I come out to Phoenix to visit~hopefully this fall! Love ya chick!

wendy said...

I love girlfriend get togethers! How fun!

Amber said...

Amazing pics! WOW! I would have loved to see the sting ray hugging you.