Monday, February 22, 2010

I left my heart in San Francisco

Wade and I got away to San Francisco for a four day weekend. My buddy pass was about to expire so we had 2 weeks to plan a get-a-way. We chose San Fran because it was warm this time of the year, and I have always wanted to take my husband there ever since I went with my college roommates. I love the sights and smells of this romantic city. I took Wade to all my favorite places, Ghiradelli square, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Union Square shopping, Alcatraz, Sausalito, Aquarium of the Bay, and a tandem bike ride across the Golden Gate. The weather was absolutely perfect for a tandem bike ride across the Golden Gate bridge. It was a strenuous up hill ride that together we made it. Both are calves were burning when we got to the top but the exhilaration and view made it all worth it.
It was so hard to leave our little romantic get-a-way. I now know why people leave their heart in San Francisco, because I left a part of mine with all the sights, smells, sounds and feelings of such a memorable city.

No comments: