Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My word for 2010...

JOY!

I remember teaching this concept to my children when I taught Joy school and that song,"Oh boy I got Joy..I do, do you?, comes in my head even 18 years later as I think of a word I want to reflect on this year.
These are the words that popped into my head the other day,
"Life is to be enJOYed, and have JOY while doing it."
I love this reminder of our purpose here on this journey of ours, "Men are that they might have joy"( 2 Nephi 2:25) I truly believe that this is the reason we exist.

Joy is Prayer
Joy is Strength
Joy is Love
Joy is a net of love which can catch souls
Mother Theresa

Joy is the feeling of grinning on the inside. Dr. Melba Colgrove

"Real Joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile." Sir Wilfred Grenfell

"The Joy of the spirit is the measure of it's power." Ninon de lenclos

"Joy is not in things; it is in us" Richard Wagner

"I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and eternal peace- a connection to what matters." Oprah Winfrey

This little book is packed with great understanding of what Joy is really all about it! I love reading it over and over!

9 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

i love this post. i love that heavenly father truly does want us to have joy. i love you so much mommy. you give me joy every day:)
p.s cute pictures;)
xo,
your daughter

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I love this! I remember you choosing a word for 2009 and I thought it was such a great idea. I was also thinking of 'joy' for 2010! Sisters must think alike! Hmmmm...I guess I'll have to think of two words for 2010! I loved all of your quotes and I want to get that book! LOVE YOU!

Amber said...

I can't wait to read the book! Thanks for the inspiring quotes! You are a great example of joy. It is contagious!

akglaciergirl said...

Love this post!! What a great idea to choose a word for the year....I will have to get this book...thanks for sharing Monica~if I described you in one word, JOY would surely make me think of you:) Love ya!

Meg said...

What a great word to focus on.. and you already do that!! You always, always try to be positive and have joy!

~ Wiles ~ said...

I love this! Last year in Relief Society "Finding JOY in your Journey" was our theme. Through out the year we would share our JOYS with our RS President and at our Christmas party she had compiled them all in a book, we called it our JOY Journal. It was so amazing to see the JOY we each had found through the year.

It was humbling to see and read what each sister had written knowing the background into their personal struggles. I KNOW that it was difficult for some to find their JOY, but they did. As read each entry the spirit testified to me that the Lord is there ALWAYS and He does want us to have JOY!

marilyn said...

I can testify that you and your whole family for that matter lives "JOY" to its fullest, what great examples you all are! Love you

Ging said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Jill Rogers said...

OH NO! I'm sad I missed you! We'll be there for sure this coming Sunday. We were house hunting in Henderson and just got back this afternoon- Congrats to Laurisa!