Sunday, June 28, 2009

Laurisa's Senior Trip

One of my favorite places to go is Washington D.C. I think I have a love affair going! I love the history, architecture, feeling and even the smell. Visiting D.C. is actually a spiritual experience for me to know that is where it all began with our founding father's. It makes me appreciate the freedom we enjoy and so proud to be an American! I visit there frequently when Wade goes there for business. Each year I take one child to tour with while Wade is tied up with business and this year it was Laurisa's turn.
Since she graduated we made it her Senior trip and she brought her goodfriend Alexis Flake. The trip started in Baltimore so we could see Wade's brother Justin. He is there for Dental school. Wade paid Laurisa to sing her favorite song from Hairspray, "I Love You Baltimore!", right when she got off the plane. Justin toured us around Baltimore and took us to his favorite Afganistan restaurant with his girl friend Beth. It was so much fun to meet Beth and spend time with the two of them. We ended the night with amazing Gelato Italian ice cream.We spent three days in D.C. sightseeing all the monuments, memorials, and museums. Alexis's Dad is a U.S. Congressman, so she got us on some special private tours. It was fun to spend time on the floor of the House and to hear all her political stories. One of our favorite restaurants was the Corner Bakery. Alexis got us hooked on Panini's. When we came home she surprised us with a Panini maker. What a wonderful trip and fun memory we will cherish.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Oh fun, I also did DC for my senior trip too with friends and I loved the history! Glad you all had fun.

marilyn said...

I've been waiting for this blog thanks for the great pictures it looks so much fun, I guess we will get their when Justin graduates next year. So glad that Justin and Beth got to spend some time with you. Love you can't wait for our reunuion!

Meg said...

So fun! You were the first to meet Beth! I think at the end of the year you need to do a blog of all the vacations you have been on! It's impressive :) So glad you had a trip with Lauris dear!

Amber said...

I'm sure this is a memory to remember for always! One of these we need you for our D.C. tour guide. I love your passion for history and learn so much from your insights.

It is so fun to have Jos here in Utah!

Katie said...

I've never been but your description makes me want to go. Looks like a great trip!