Thursday, June 11, 2009

May Highlights

Okay Okay so I got a little behind on blogging, my friends and family keep reminding me that I haven't blogged in a while...like I didn't realize that myself. Sometimes life just gets in the way. May was one of the craziest months ever with such big events happening in our lives! Mitch received his Eagle, Jake got promoted from Jr. High, Laurisa graduated from High School, and got her schedule all ready for ASU next fall, Mitch got his driver's license, Mitch went to EFY, Jake went to Lake Powell, trying to soak up that last few weeks of mother daughter time with Joslyn before she moved to Utah, and Wade and I took Laurisa on a Senior trip to D.C. with her friend Alexis. So now you see why I got a little behind. I was also busy making Laurisa a graduation quilt with all her t-shirts from growing up, besides jewelery orders. So did I give you enough excuses.
As much as I love blogging, for therapy sake I've decided that it has become one more thing to fall behind with. A favorite saying comes to mind, "the hurrieder I go the behinder I get!" I really do need to slow down but life isn't affording me that luxury at the moment with three teenagers at home. Although Wade and I did experience an empty house for two days at the end of May when all the children were out of town. I have to say it was bliss and gave me a glimpse of what are life will be like in less than 5 years! Wahoo!

Jake's promotion from Jr. High School. This means our baby will be in High school next year. Wow times flies when you are having fun. I didn't think it was possible to be any more social than his older siblings, but I think Jake has them beat in this department. Jake spent the day and night celebrating with friends at several parties. Jake is really looking forward to going to High school with his brother Mitch next year.
The night Laurisa graduated from Highland High was an unusual one for Arizona since it rained during the graduation ceremony. Arizona schools always have their graduation ceremony's outside on the football field since the weather is always so beautiful in May. The last two years has proven to be opposite of good weather and it has rained. It made for an exciting fun memory which I think Laurisa attracted since she loves the rain. Anyone that knows Laurisa knows how much she loves the rain, for many reasons (none of which I should disclose on a blog) Laurisa got to speak at baccalaureate and graduation. She didn't skip a beat as the rain kept falling. Her speech was so inspiring and motivating. She takes after her Dad with her speaking abilities. After, we all came to the house to celebrate. It was quite a celebration! Thank you family and friends that have sent her cards and money. She has felt showered with love!
Mitch gets his driver's license. Without hurting any one's feelings I have to say he is the best driver ever. He is very competent and safe on the road and what a blessing to have him run errands and drive him self to his new job at Tilly's this summer. Way to go Mitch!

9 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

WOW! I'd say you ARE very busy! Thanks for giving us a little glimpse :) You have such a wonderful family. We love you all so much and we feel so lucky to have Joslyn in Utah...even though we don't get to see her very often between school, dates and parties! I am so glad she is having fun! Have a great time in Hawaii with your hubby. Love you

Amber said...

I loved talking with you last night! Laurisa's quilt looks awesome! You are amazing! How do you do cakes with your kids faces on them?

All your kids deserve a big congrats. Have fun in Hawaii! I look forward to hearing all about it. Thanks for keeping us posted on your family!

marilyn said...

I don't think your life will ever slow down because it is not the personality of Monica and Wade, so I don't see that ever happening. Its so fun hearing about your precious family, they are each amazing and we love all of you so much, can't wait for our reunion! Love you

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is, I love reading your blog! You are by far the best blogger there is! it is very entertaining... especially the part about the rain. thanks mom! haha I love how you show your cute personality! I'm so blessed to be your daughter! See, you say I'm never home and always busy doing something and need to slow down....look at my mother! I definitely take after you! doesn't look like I'm going to slow down anytime soon! :) but life sure is fun!
love, lauris

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

I love you mommy!:) FINALLY you posted. It was killing me! haha:) You always post the cutest posts.. May really was CRAZAY! You're the best Mom IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Can't wait to see youuuuu!<3

Cara said...

What a busy month for you. That's great that Laurisa was able to speak at her graduation, even if it was in the rain.

Kim said...

woah- you have been one busy mama! ;-) It was so fun to see what you have been up to though- so many wonderful things! What beautiful and amazing kids you have- lots of great accomplishments in the last month. The quilt you made was so super cute!

Meg said...

You wanna know my highlight?!! I GOT A NECKLACE FROM YOU!! Monica!!! I LOVE IT! Thank you so much and I already have a friend that wants to but the EXACT one for her! So call me when you have a second and I will give you her info she is in Marilyn's ward!

Also I just wanted to put it out there is that my Nanny business is REALLY slow and I really needs some work so please put my name out there in AZ and maybe I will get to come there or they will know people here that need a Vacation Nanny!
Your the best!! Thank you sooo much for giving me such a beautiful necklace. I have been recovering from surgery this week so I haven't been all there to tell you how much I loved it!
MUWAH!!
Megs

~ Wiles ~ said...

Wow! As always you're living busy, fun lives! It's great to see! I'm so glad that we stumbled across your blog!! Your family is beautiful and it has been fun to read what everyone's up to. I can't believe that I used to babysit your kiddos when they were just babes now I'm a mama of two beautiful girls and using babysitters of my own. Wow..how time flies!

Tell everyone hello for us!

Shane & Kate Wiles