Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to School

Back to School was an exciting day for these two brothers who have been so anxious for the opportunity of going to High School together. It made my heart skip a beat to see them drive off together. This mom had mixed emotions, I love seeing them grow-up but it is a little hard seeing your baby drive off to High School. It makes it easier when I know how ready and excited he is. It is so wonderful to see how close these brothers are and the love they have for each other. Since we were out of town on back to school night I was more worried for Jake to find his classes and figure everything out than he was. Mitch kept telling me not to worry that he would help him. I'm so glad they have each other.
One of the things that brings me the greatest joy is to see growth and development in my children. Today is a day I will always remember!

7 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

woooow. i still cant get over that my baby brother is in high school, i changed some of his diapers and fed him:)

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Love this picture and I love how much fun your kids have together! I'm sure it did feel very strange as they drove off. A little like when your first goes to Kindergarten? Crazy, where has the time gone.

Jill Heaps said...

What great kids! Your boys don't need mom's help anymore! (They like to pretend anyway!) Have fun with your quiet and lonely days

Christina said...

Wow! You keep getting younger and younger. So, how do your kids keep getting older and older? :)

Christina said...

Wow! You keep getting younger and younger. So, how do your kids keep getting older and older? :)

Jill Heaps said...

This is a perfect tribute to an amazing woman! I can't believe Josy is 21! I will never forget playing with her when she was little and loving every visit from my little turkey bum!

marilyn said...

It makes a mom feel great knowing her kids are their for each other and you can have great confidence in knowing that for sure. what a blessing to see how much they love each other! You and Wade are going to be emty nesters before you know it. hum what does that make us, kinda scary!!!