Monday, August 31, 2009

Jump for Joy---"It's Joslyn's 21st Birthday"

I can hardly believe our oldest turned 21! I loved this picture of Joslyn because she is the family cheerleader. She is always cheering her family on. She is such a developer and with her positivity she makes you believe you can do anything. She has such spunk and tenacity. She has always been like, "The Little Engine that Could", she believes anything can be accomplished, and truly believes not only in herself but in others.
I love that she is the oldest because she is always there to help her siblings and has been such a great example to her family. She truly cares about others and has such a love for people. She has always attracted tons of friends! Everyone feels like they are her friend. She is so consistent and constant in her mood, faith, behaviors and her approach to life. You can always count on her. Growing up she was truly a mother's dream little helper. She has always been going on 20 and now her maturity is more like 30. I learn from her everyday how to be a better person.
She is always full of laughter, fun and knows how to live life to the fullest. Her laugh is contagious along with her smile. She has a humility about her and is always cheerful! She has such a love for the gospel and has a close relationship with her Heavenly Father and Savior. You can tell in her countenance.
It seems like just yesterday I was holding this beautiful red head in my arms. Being the first grandchild , I would always say, "I've never known a child to receive so much love" I think that is why she has so much love to give in return. She came into the world with such self confidence. She thought the only pretty hair color was red and felt so sorry for Laurisa when she was born with brown hair.

I love the close relationships she has with her family. She treats each sibling as her best friend. She also has an amazing gift with children. ALL children adore and love her and ask their parents continually if she can move back and babysit them. In Highschool she always juggled so many activities and also managed to keep a job. She has always been quite independent. I can never remember her asking us for money. She is also a very appreciative person which always makes you love to do things for her. In Highschool I never heard her say one unkind word about anyone and if someone wronged her she was always willing to forgive. She loves to serve and is always willing, if you need a haircut.Joslyn what a blessing you are in the lives of your family and so many. You have been a true "JOY" and we jump up and down to celebrate your birth.

6 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

Aw this almost made me cry, i have the best mom in the whole world and family. I love you guys so much. I'm so glad I got to spend my birthday with you guys also!:) You are so good with words, i love you mom

Anonymous said...

Aww!! This is the cutest blog entry I've ever seen! and that doesn't even describe even close to how amazing she is! we are so lucky to have this beautiful girl, inside and out! I love my sis!!! Mom, you are so amazing at doing blogs! I love it! She is so precious!!
Laurisa

Meg said...

I have one of these coming too... I am SOOO behind!
LOve you Jos!
I loved looking at the pics of Monica right after she had Jos cause that is about the time I met you all. and Monica looks like Laurisa sooo much right now in that pic!
Jos you bless our lives! We love you!

marilyn said...

Perfect perfect in describing Joslyn and her life what an example she has been to us all and how well I remember when she was born we were so excited we couldn't get enough of her even if we had to wake her up! I love your blog it was great memories!!!!!love you

Jeremy Whiting said...

We did have to wake up Joslyn! I remember sneaking in her room to shove her crib. Then I would run out and hope she would start to stir.... It wasn't completely my fault, Joslyn likes to sleep in! It's not like she needed the beauty sleep, so what was the harm?

Ging said...

I am so glad you are so good at taking pictures! Wish I wouldv'e been better. Before long, they are all grown up. Where did all the time go?