Sunday, August 16, 2009

Life is a Highway part II

On the "Highway of Life" we had more bumps in the road. Actually the same exact experience happened, two weeks later, back rear tire popped. This time I wasn't driving so it wasn't as scary. But I knew exactly what to do since I had been in the same situation a few weeks prior. I was the one letting everyone know where the tools were and how to get down the spare tire. I decided in trials there are so many things that help us, the first being if you are prepared you shall not fear. Preparation is the key. But if you are not, there is always help readily available to us. Having this same experience happen before, made me so much more at peace and better able to handle the trial. I think that is the same with life. Going through experiences and trials, especially some of the same ones over again help us to know from experience that we can overcome them. And going through them as a family with family support makes it that much easier.Mitch and Jake were able to learn how to put on a spare tire. And we also learned that sometimes you can be prepared but things happen outside of our control, like a lug nut being stripped. After a few hours delay we were on our way back on the "Highway of Life" We arrived in the Salt Lake Valley after 14 hours. What is there to complain about, after all it took our ancestors months. And I wonder if a broken tire was just every day routine for them. We felt so blessed to be in the arms of family upon our arrival and had such an amazing welcome. LIFE is GOOD!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

What makes this happen?! Is there something I should be watching for? I love your connection to our ancestors. Thanks for the perspective! I want your boys along if this ever happens to me!

I loved talking with you!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

haha wow i love how you look at the postive. i have such an amazing mommy and family. i loved being there to welcome you! i was jumping uppp and down:)