Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My husband's Buddy

Wade got asked to speak in Santa Fe, teaching managers how to coach using their "Strength's". Since I am his "Buddy" with Southwest airlines, I fly free! It was so fun to be able to go with him on his business trip.
I fell in love with this colorful, charming, quaint town. We stayed at the historical La Fonda inn at the end of the Santa Fe trail. It was like a time warp. This hotel was first founded in 1610. I felt like I was in an old western movie. Some of my favorite actors (Jimmy Stewart)used to stay here. Wade and I thoroughly enjoyed exploring are surroundings. We shopped, ate, went to a concert in the park across the street and took all the charm and authenticity of Santa Fe in.

This is one of my favorite pictures that Wade took. It was the view out our window of the old Catholic Church. It looks like a painting! I loved the old bell tower that sounded every hour.If you are ever in Albuquerque the Sandia Peaks are a must see. They have the longest Tram in the world. It is 11,000 square mile panoramic view and 10,000 feet above sea level. It is breathtaking to look out at this lush but rugged landscape. Wade and I ate at the restaurant at the top. It had the most amazing view of the whole city.

9 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

Ok, you guys are the CUTEST parents in the WHOLE WORLD... I have butterflies thinking about how exciting I am you guys are coming TOMORROW!! I have to get the apt cleaned after school tomorrow! Don't judge.. we've been busy.. love you:)

Jill Heaps said...

You really need to get some more one on one time. I don't know HOW you do it! I am glad you had a great time :) It looks like it was so wonderful!

Amber said...

Wow, looks incredibly beautiful! You look great in a cowgirl hat. Wade definitely makes a good Indian. Very realistic, I can almost see his long hair.

I really can't wait to be with you this weekend!!!! I would tell you to not run out of fun tickets but I'm talking to a blue turned yellow! =)

Ging said...

How fun! Did you pick up any fun jewelery. BTW....I love my new necklace! I have worn it a ton already, and everyone loves it. It goes with everything....even a hospital gown???!!

Meg said...

Never been to New Mexico!! I would have never thought of it as such a pretty place.. I thought it was a desert but those mountains look great! Looks like you fit a lot in for only two days!! You two def know how to travel :) See you tonight!

Katie said...

How fun! I never knew Santa Fe was so pretty. Glad you had fun. I hope you find time to come see me soon!

Christina said...

What a beautiful place! I love that pic that Wade took! It does look just like a painting! Nice eye, Wade!

michelle said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks like you had a great time in Santa Fe. I haven't been there for years. It looks like you have had sooo much fun this summer!!! :) Can't wait to catch up!

marilyn said...

Every place you go is so beautiful and you make it look so exciting, I think travel agenices should hire you there business would definetly pick up!!!!! love you