Wednesday, September 9, 2009

22 Wonderful Years!!!

When I say 22 "wonderful" years, it is because of the growth we have experienced in our lives together, not that it is all just fun and bliss, but that the whole package of reaching together and knowing that as a team we can get through anything with each other is what makes the experience and journey so "wonderful!
Love
bears all things
believes all things
hopes all things
endures all things
LOVE NEVER ENDS
1Corinthians 13:7-8
I have always hesitated sharing my feelings about Wade publicly because they are so sacred and special to me, and partly because I don't want anyone to compare their relationship with mine. But because this is for my children to read when I compile it in a book, I thought it appropriate. First of all I think it is important to realize that no two relationships are alike and therefore can't be compared.
All I know is that I cherish the relationship I have because I married the "perfect" man for "me". I feel so blessed to have found my best friend 22 years ago. He is who I enjoy spending every minute with. He is truly the fun in my life! I was told by family members on my wedding day, that by marrying Wade my life would be filled with fun and adventure, and that it has! I am so glad that I get to experience life with this man because he makes me a better person. He stretches me and helps me grow in ways I never thought imaginable. He always believes in me and is my biggest fan. He always puts his family first and is the most amazing father! He makes you feel like you are ALWAYS his first priority.

I love to see our love grow and can't wait for the the next 22 years and more! Love is an amazing thing to watch grow and expand with time! Wade, I love you more than the day you married me and I look forward to growing old with you! Happy Anniversary Sweetheart---I can hardly believe it has been 22 years.

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”
I love you
Not only for what you are
But for what I am
When I am with you

5 comments:

marilyn said...

Beautiful Monica, you both bring out the best in each other and have been great role models for your children, nothing brings more security than knowing your parents love each other. 22 years wow doesn't seem possible we are so glad Wade married you, love you both so much and thanks so much for always being so good to us, we appreciate that more than you can possibly know!

Grafton and Laurisa Milne said...

awww I have THE cutest parents in the world! I'm so lucky! I love how much you love eachother! you are such great examples. I love this blog, you are so creative. What cute pictures...oh I love it! You are so good!I am so glad you had a good anniversary and got away :) looks like you had SO much fun!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Happy Anniversary! Really, looking at those pictures made it seem not that long ago! Especially not 22 years ago!! You look beautiful....then and now! I'm so glad you had a fun getaway together-what a great place. Your posts lately have made me itching to go hiking! Mom said it perfectly when she said you and wade bring out the best in each other. We love you both-Happy 22!!

Christina said...

Beautiful! I have tears! I love hearing/reading others feelings! You guys are amazing! Happy Anniversary!

akglaciergirl said...

Monica~I am so happy for you that you have married your best friend and are still happy 22 years later! I think you are a beautiful woman inside and out and deserve only the best!