Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A hiking we will GO!!!

A family that hikes together---has a BLAST together!!!
Hanging out in the hotel playing games and just enjoying being together.
We spent Labor day weekend in Tucson in Sabino Canyon. It was so fun to have Joslyn with us, she was able to stay longer than planned so she could go on our little family get-a-way. She wasn't sure she wanted to hike since she had been sick with a cold all week, but she was a trooper and led the pack. Don't let her size fool you, she actually kept the hiking pace for us and at times it was hard to keep up with her. One of my favorite things I enjoy doing as a family is hiking. I think you can learn a lot from each other on hikes. There is many life lessons to be learned while blazing the trails. Hikes really can be compared to life. Sometimes (like this time) you may take a wrong turn and your two hour hike takes four hours! But it is all about enjoying the journey. Our journey in life is much the same, it seems like it is not always as is expected and can at times be extra challenging, but as long as you end up staying strong on the path you will reach your final destination and the reward will be great. Just being together as a family and encouraging each other is what brings the greatest joy in this life, even through the difficult times.The reward of this refreshing water made the hard hike all worth it!

7 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

I love the Whitings!!! We would have such a blast if we lived closer!!! It is so fun to see all the great and exciting things you are doing!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Love the first picture of you all on the rocks-AND the sunset pictures!! It also looks like some heavy duty p90x is going on at your house!:) Wish we could go hiking with you! Looks like a really fun weekend together-- before Joslyn left for Utah.

Love you!!

Kim said...

HOW FUN! You guys always come up with so many creative and fun things to do as a family... I love that you always make time together/bonding so important... and so fun! That looked like a great time- your hike looked beautiful- I love that even the desert can be pretty. And we were sad we missed you at our doorstep yesterday with hot pretzels!!! You are so thoughtful and sweet- the kids do love those- you know them well! And thanks so much for the pics!!! We have loved looking at them- over and over. The ones from the pool didn't all pull up so I will have to get some of those from you again... Thank you thank you though- so cute!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

Haha, I laughed when you said don't let her size fool you. You are the best Mom. I love you so much. I'm so lucky to have a family that encourages me in everything I do. Miss you!

Amber said...

I love your analogy. It is so true. I'm so grateful to have family support as we travel through life.

I love how much fun you have together! I want to go hiking with you!

Amber said...

I need to talk to you about sinus infections. Trisha woke up today still feeling it. Can it take a bit after augmentan or could this be a sign of rebound? She did 2 rounds of z packs.

I'm so sorry you had such a hard time with your infection! That's miserable!

marilyn said...

We need to have a hiking reunion and try all of these hikes out, no one can say you have a dull life! I love the pictures BEAUTIFUL