Monday, September 28, 2009

A Peek at our Week~

Our week started out with having the Burkinshaw family over for pizza night. Mitch and Jake had them in awe with their magic show. Mary even offered a 20 dollar bill if they would reveal how they performed a trick. It was a fun night and they were an awesome audience! We love this family and have loved the opportunity of home teaching and visiting teaching them over the years. Our friend Chelsea Robson was the opening performer for Chuck Wicks. We loved watching her perform and thanks to her we were able to go to the concert for $10 dollars. It was an amazing concert and he performed one of my favorite songs, "Stealing Cinderella"


It was fun for Wade and I to have a date with Laurisa.
Grandpa took the boys to the Diamond back game. They didn't win but I heard it was a pretty exciting game, since they entertained the crowd. Grandpa will think twice next time about taking these three boys, if he doesn't want to get kicked out
Spirit week is always fun around the Whiting household. Laurisa left a great tradition that the boys love being apart of. They dress up every day of spirit week. I was able to capture a picture of pirate day. I think it helps that they get extra credit in their classes for dressing up. Laurisa loves painting t-shirts on the boy for the home coming football game! "We got Spirit, yes we do, we got spirit---How 'bout you???
One of my favorite things was helping with Kaylynn's Bennetts shower. She has long awaited this day and her twins are almost here. It was the most incredible shower or party I have ever been apart of. I loved helping and learning from these amazing women. They are some of the most talented, creative, fun women I know. Everything was planned to the smallest detail.
Some of my favorite people~ Kim Dover, Susie Dover, and Jamie Breinholt. These women could be professional party planners and I want to be their assistant.
All day Scrapbooking~! This is a first for me and now I'm hooked. You'd think a whole day I could really catch up, but I'm still behind. I'm not worried because that means more fun days with my friends. It just happened to be on homecoming day. Mitch asked Lexi Trausdale and her mom taught the class so she had them come stop by our class. They modeled for everyone. Thanks Kathy and Kim for inviting me to spend a fun day scrapbooking, eating, laughing, and catching up!
2009 Homecoming

These kids all know how to have fun! Mitch planned the day and night and did such an awesome job. They went to bounce u for the day date and had dinner at the Allen's( our cousins old house), went to the dance and then came to our house for dessert. They are all such amazing kids. I just love being around them and their gratitude is amazing. They must have thanked me a million times!

In between all these activities we had a company party in Cave Creek, and Laurisa had a singles ward Luau at our house with 150 plus singles. I hope I can breathe next week. Nobody told me how busy teenagers would be, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

9 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

OK NO WONDER why it was hard getting ahold of you:) i love you, your posts make me miss home. you guys are the cutest MISS YOU!!
p.s i want the shirt you are wearing in the shower pictures!

Amber said...

I haven't heard from you for a while. Now I see why! That is a lot of fun! I love that we can catch up with pictures through blogging. Jake's expression in the bottom left of the collage where he's getting painted looks like a Wade expression!

Did you take the homecoming dance photos? They are such great shots. You might as well cash in on the talent you've developed having kids go to all these fun dances. You could specialize in couple shots.You can take engagement photos of my kids when they get married!

It was fun seeing Jos last night. She came to Trisha's play with Grandma and Grandpa. She's so beautiful!

Jill Rogers said...

MAN! How do I get those women to throw ME a baby shower!! Sheesh!! That's so exciting for Kaylynn...

Grafton and Laurisa Milne said...

okay, I love this post!! I cannot believe that all happened in a week....I was even a part of it and looking back it seems crazy! We sure do know how to live life to its fullest. I love you so much! I'm so lucky to have such a great family!

marilyn said...

Amazing how does one family do so much, unbelievable what a fun post you guys really are the cutest!!!! love you

Widdison Warbler said...

I haven't scrapbooked since 2006...I really need to get back into it!

michelle said...

I am wanting to seee these magic tricks I keep hearing about! :) I hope your having a fantastic vacation! Talk to you when you get home! :)

Christina said...

WOW! What a busy week! I love the T-shirts Laurisa painted on the boys! That is awesome. she is quite the painter! :) Great pics! :)

Kim said...

woah! What a fun and busy week! So fun to capture a week in your life because you will look back when your kiddos are gone and say WOAH! I was AMAZING! And you are- always doing so many great and neat things. THANKS so much again for all your help for the shower- whew! Couldn't have pulled it off without all your time and talents!