Monday, October 26, 2009

The Burley's come to visit

The Buhrley's came into town for the weekend. We had a great dinner together with both Buhrley's. It was good to catch up over yummy food and great company! On Saturday our family met for lunch with Wendy and JoLyn at Gecko grill and then I went shopping with the shopping guru's. Wow they know how to shop and have amazing endurance. It was just fun to be with them and learn all their fun fashion sense and style. ( I bought a necklace, and yes it was my first necklace I've bought and not made, but it is one that I couldn't have made), so fun and vintage with a fabric bow attached, I couldn't resist. And I'll get twice the use out of it since it turns into a belt.
On Sunday we went to visit Grandma at her assisted living home. Mitch brought magic to entertain all of grandma's friends. They all loved it! One of the lady's turned to me and said, "he is the best we've ever seen", another lady said, "boy do we need magic around here!" It was fun just to watch their faces. He also played some songs on the piano thanks to Aunt Ginger's requests. It was so wonderful to be together visiting grandma, I really think it made her day and it made ours. Thanks for coming to visit us JoLyn and Lou! We love you!

9 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

HOW FUUUUN,
i missed out!!! Mitch IS quite the magician.. Dang I miss Gecko Grill so much.. ahhh.. i wanna see your necklace.. I love YOU MOMMA.

Meg said...

It was fun spending time with you! I love you all so much. I felt lucky to spend so much time with you on such a quick trip- and I think I will be dreaming of a salmon taco with Mango Salsa from Greco Grill for a very long time! I can see why it's laurisa's fav!

We did do some good shopping!!:) However, you don't give yourself enough credit-I think you could out shop me!!:) Arizona does seem to bring out the shopper in me, such fun stores! I am wearing the cute apron you made right now!! It's adorable, I don't think I will take it off! Love you!!

Monica said...

Jos,
You can see it in the picture of us with Grandma!

Amber said...

I need to see this magic show!! Reminds me of Wade. =)

Grandma looks so sweet. I really need to come visit Az. Love you!

Monica said...

Yes you do!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

you probably realized I posted my comment under "meg"! Woops...
Love you! Jolyn

Monica said...

Yes, I figured that one out! It didn't sound like Meg and I don't think she would wear your apron!

marilyn said...

How fun, I love all of you so much and it makes me so happy to have you get to spend time together, how wonderful that Mitch shares his talents and makes others soooo happy, I love seeing their faces, can't wait to see you I can't beleieve Monica bought a necklace, I would never never never do that when Monica can make anything better!!!! love you

Meg said...

This really is MEG and I TOTALLY would wear Jolyn's apron! It may be the only thing of her's I fit :)
She did report on having a blast with you! Glad it happened!
Love you!