Saturday, November 14, 2009

Highlight of our week!!! or year!

My beautiful cousin Kristen Oaks came to visit us this weekend. She called me a few months back and told me that she had been invited to speak at a Regional Conference in Arizona. So for several months we have anxiously anticipated her visit. We had such a wonderful weekend with her, soaking up every minute. She is such a remarkable person, and has an amazing gift of making everyone in her presence feel loved. I feel like a much better person just being around her. She makes everyone feel special. I came away from this weekend feeling fed with such amazing words of wisdom, self improvement, and a desire to cherish the relationships I have. She has a remarkable gift of staying connected to those she loves and we feel blessed that she always wants to spend time with us. We went out to eat several times, went on walks, and had many talks.
We also cherish her book, it is a family favorite! It will change your life! We love you Kristen! Thanks for inspiring us with your beautiful words of inspiration! One of my favorite quotes she said in her talk was, "being a member of the church, not just a nice way to live, but it is the reason we live."

3 comments:

marilyn said...

what a cute lady, I loved getting to meet her when she came to our stake conference, I know she loves being with your family too, and she feels your love, you are very gifted at sharing your love unconditionaly with everyone and thank for that! love you

michelle said...

It looks like you had an amazing visit! Family is the best! Miss you friend!

Amber said...

I will have to get a hold of her book. I have always been so touched and inspired when I've had opportunities to read her wisdom! What a treat.