Sunday, November 1, 2009

We love Halloween

Dressing up for Halloween has always been a favorite around our house! Every year it is fun to see them really get into their character. They really play full out the part. Mitch was listening to Mexican music, Jake was cracking his Indiana Jones whip, and Laurisa truly was Tinkerbell. All the little kids wanted pictures with her. She celebrated Halloween all week with three parties to go to.And of course Halloween wouldn't be the same without dressing up Paco and Roxy. We started this tradition a few years back and now everyone looks forward to seeing what they will be each year.The best part of Halloween was a visit from Waylan (our little Lion). He was so adorable and passed out the Halloween candy for us. We are retiring and giving the job to him every year! It made our home having a little one for Halloween!

9 comments:

marilyn said...

I love holiday at your house, everyone has so much fun, I remember how you taught me to decorate for all the holidays now that you live in Ariz, I don't do so well. No one can say the Whitings don't enjoy life to the fullest, I love the pictures and can't wait to see everyone! Love you

Mindy said...

That makes me so happy to see your (older) kids dressed up! That is so fun and your family is so amazing and I'm just in awe of you guys. Thanks for sharing your "awesomeness" on your blog. :)

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

oh my gosh i love these pictures. i wish you could've photoshopped me in there.. paco and i would've looked good together:) way is so cute! i loved everyone's costumes however i am sad you and dad didn't dress up..:)

Amber said...

Your dogs look like cuddly stuffed animals!LOVE the costumes! I just love how you celebrate holidays. Your middle name is FUN.

I think all of my Halloween decorations are from you! Brings back fun memories of boxes you sent when the kids were little! I'm glad you had a happy Halloween!!

Katie said...

So fun! Annalise wanted to be Tinkerbell last year but I couldn't find a costume that was even slightly modest. Now I know how to do it! Thanks for the idea. Your kids are adorable!

Jill Rogers said...

We wouldn't have missed your guys place! It was on the priority list of places to hit- Everything around it was trivial. HAD to hit the Whitings! In fact he keeps mentioning the pumpkin dog now- Ha Ha.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm sure my little girl will be even more adorable than me pregnant though! ;-) It goes by so fast...

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I always look forward to seeing your family dressed up! I also loved all of Laurisa's pictures on her facebook-she looked so darling and I laughed at the photos of Paco and Roxy-so cute!! You are so good at making fun memories for your family, I loved the pumpkins and I need to get your famous popcorn recipe!
love you!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

woops-I just saw your popcorn recipe! Did you add that later, I didn't notice it before! I do remember this recipe-so yummy!
p.s. you did have an adorable lion at your house on Halloween!

Kim said...

FUN! The kiddos loved seeing the pics of Paco and Roxy dressed up! Such cute pics- I love that your kids still love dressing up for Halloween. And the pic you took with Sydney and Colby is SOOO cute! You will have to email that to me so I can print it up. And thanks for the bday gift! You know what I love and are so thoughtful. Thank you thank you!