Sunday, November 22, 2009

I couldn't Wait!!!

Something has happened to me. They say that you become more like your spouse with time, and I think it has happened. Wade has a very difficult time waiting for Christmas or Birthdays to give presents. So following in his footsteps I gave in...I couldn't wait for Christmas to give the girls their skirts that I made them. I rationalized it by thinking of the many times they could wear them before Christmas. I just couldn't hold back. Could you if you knew how excited they were when they saw them. I will probably be disappointed in myself when Christmas rolls around, but for now I have great satisfaction seeing them look so cute in their new skirts! And they fit them perfectly, thanks to my friend Kelly who is great with measurements, and I also have to thank Katie, who posted these on her blog in the first place and tempted me to want to make them! So, Happy New Skirts Joslyn and Laurisa!

6 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

I LOOOOOOVED wearing my skirt.. i'm wearing it next sunday too:) but i might need to add boots and tights haha:) i loved when i got compliments on it today, instead of telling where i got it, i told them my mom made it:) you're so talented. i love that you gave it to me early:)
XO,
j

Ging said...

I am the same way, must be a Wright trait! I think it is great that they got them early!!!! Very cute, btw!

Katie said...

I can't keep up with all your posts! How do you find the time!? Darling skirts! I had to click on the picture to get a nice big close up. You are SO talented!!!!

Blair and Katie said...

Ha thanks for the shout out. Those turned out so cute! I can't believe you made them for your girls without even having them there to measure. It was a lot of fun making mine and I have to agree with Joslyn that when you where it and people ask you where you got it it's so fun to say I made it myself, or for Joslyn that you made it for her. They turned out darling! Way to go! I know my mom is an amazing seamstress and I saw how cute hers turned out too. You guys have way too much fun together!
-Katie

Christina said...

What talent! You are always amazing me! You have not changed. I still remember visiting one of your homes when I was little just 'ooh'ing over all the things that you were capable of doing. Way to use your talents! And what perfect models to model them for you!

Amber said...

You are SOOOOO talented!! These are so cute!! Love them!! I can see why you had a hard time waiting. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!