Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Price of Freedom


This week is constititution week! Last night we had the chance to go to the constitution fair. It was amazing to see the turn out! It is the largest in the United States. It made me feel so blessed to live in America. The patriotic program was amazing! The Lowe family singers came from Branson , Missouri. They are so amazingly talented. It was awesome to see a family perform together. It was so inspiring to see the good they have done through using their talents. The presentation was a remembrance of all the good acts and services that go on in the world. It definately inspired me to want to make difference in the lives of others.
I have never felt so incredibly patriotic as I did tonight. We just got back from a musical presentation called The Price for Freedom. It depicted different lives throughout World War II and their accounts from their journals. It was a tear jerker. I think it is hard to really know the sacrifices that have gone into making this country free, but tonight I got a small glimpse! How grateful I feel for the many lives that have been sacrificed for our freedom that we enjoy everyday. I hope I can never take freedom forgranted and live everyday in honor of the sacrifices that have been made in our behalf. There are so many brave men and women that are examples to me! PBS just bought this musical presentation , "The Price of Freedom", so hopefully everyone will get the opportunity to see it!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Sounds amazing. I'll have to watch for it. My favorite would be to go with you. We were meant to be neighbors rather than states apart! I'm missing you!