Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Road Trip

I love sunsets!!!

Wade and I escaped reality for 4 days and headed to Cedar City Utah for a leadership education training seminar a few weeks back. My sister in-law home schools her children and uses this Thomas Jefferson based education model. She is always talking about it and getting me excited about the things she is learning in parenting practices so Wade and I decided to go see what it was all about! We were so impressed and motivated after two full days of seminars. We came away with so many wonderful concepts to apply in our lives. It made us want to be better parenting mentors for our children. I love the idea inspire not require. It really works in motivating children. Children will do things because it is their idea and they want to do it rather than if it is the parent wanting them to do it! It is so fun to see it in action! I also believe so strongly in the concept that you have to have a relationship based on respect with your children in order to teach them and also correct them. The relationship has to come first or they won't listen! I can't get enough of the CDs and books from the seminar. I love applying the principles in parenting. It makes parenting so much fun! Thank you Amber for inspiring us!
Wade and I couldn't resist stopping off the side of the road for a hike. The scenery was irresistible.
Wade and I with our mentors Amber and Jeff Parish

2 comments:

Ging said...

That sounds great! Amber and Jeff are amazing. So fun to learn new ideas. What an exciting time to be raising a family, but scary too! You guys inspire me!!!! BTW...I need to bring Holli's necklace over so you can fix it.

Amber said...

That is a gorgeous sunset! Being in Cedar City with you was really fun. Let's do it again some time!!!

Thanks for always being there for me. You are an awesome sister. I've always loved that you are one stage ahead of me so I can call you for wisdom!

I love that your blogging! It was fun to wake up and find all your nice comments. Love you!