Monday, September 29, 2008

Highland Highschool Homecoming


This year Laurisa is the Student Body Vice President at Highland High and boy is she a busy girl at this time of the year. This week she was incharge of the homecoming school assembly. We saw her for seconds a day because she lived at the highschool getting ready the big weekend. Friday morning she left the house at 3:30 in the morning to set everything up for channel 3 morning show who came to highlight Highland High. We watched Laurisa on T.V all morning as they highlighted the assembly. The hard work paid off and she loved every minute of it. I talked to the school administrators and they said it was the best assembly they've ever had! Way to go Laurisa! We went and saw her at the half time show and she was the damsel in distress trying to escape the grasp of King Kong on the top of the Empire State Building.

Laurisa getting ready for the big dance! Nana and I doing an updo! I love helping the girls get ready for dances. It is weird just getting one girl ready now that Joslyn is married.


Laurisa and her Homecoming date Kyle Souza

Wow what a sharp group of 36! My friend just around the corner was a brave soul to feed this large group. She called me minutes before the couples showed up to invite me over to take pictures so Wade and I headed over after we took pictures of Laurisa. As we headed over a storm was brewing, so upon entering her front door they were going to plan B which was bring all the tables and chairs inside her house. We came the perfect time to help her pull this off. I was still in awe that her and her husband were doing this all themselves. So we stayed and helped. I was amazed at how calm she was, especially because she was told 26 people but 36 came. It all came together and Laurisa said it was a blast! Her favorite dance ever!!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

What a fun senior year, Laurisa! I love the photo of you on the Empire State Building! What a great experience to plan such a big event.

You look fabulous all dressed up.

I don't know how you do all you do but it sure looks fun! You are amazing!

michelle said...

Laurisa looks beatiful! I am so glad that her long week of such hard work paid off. She does so much for Highland. They are blessed to have her. It was fun to see her Friday night, on top of the Empure State Building! :)

Britt said...

How fun! So Proud of Laurisa and all the hard work she is doing for Highland. Way to go for impacting that school for good!
Such a fun girl.

wendy said...

what a fun group! Good job Larissa, that's a lot of work. By the way, I hope my mom didn't come over by herself-please tell me Tony was with her!? I need a necklace! Something I can where everyday, long, w/ cute heart or pendant or something. How do I place my order?

marilyn said...

Laurisa, its so fun that you can share these fun times with us, you will still be having fun and the life of everyting when you are 100.You were just born that way, you would never even for a second think I can't do that. You are amazing it is awsome to be your grandma and grandpa Love you tons

Meg said...

I saw Laurisa's pictures on facebook.. boy did you ever have photo shoot.. you do everything Monica.. maybe you should go into photography!! :)
So glad that you enjoyed it Laurisa! Love you!

Tara said...

Aw Laurisa looks so purdy! I bet she's having so much fun.

I hope you guys are all doing well! I haven't seen you in a while. I need to stop by sometime soon! I miss you guys! I love you all!