Friday, October 24, 2008

Coming up for AIR.....


I never want to see another ruffle in my life time!!!
I've been sewing my brains out for the past four days with barely time to breath!!!It's a wonder that I have any left---brains that is. They shut down two days ago. My friend from high school somehow knew I could sew and volunteered me for the sewing committee for Laurisa's performing group.I got the ruffle project on Monday afternoon and was given until Friday to finish it for the performance on Saturday. Nothing like a short notice with 96 hours ahead of me. I had to call in the recruits because I realized that even without eating and sleeping I couldn't have done it by myself. It's a wonder I have any friends left! I have the most incredible friends and family. My friends all helped me sew and saved me at least 36 hours. We called it the sweat shop! My Mom was awesome spending a whole day ruffling! She said I guilted her into it, but was happy to do it for her granddaughter. Wade was incredible, he was Mr. Mom for four days--cleaned, cooked, did the wash-- the whole gamete! Thank you EVERYONE who helped me to get this project done I couldn't have done it without you! I have the best family and friends in the world!!! I think next time I get asked if I own a sewing machine I might have to hide it under a bushel.


The never ending ruffles!!!

12 comments:

Amber said...

WOW. You are definitely a SUPER mom with SUPER DUPER friends. I can't wait to see pictures of the outfit on Laurisa! Nothing like friends to make a big project fun. Love you!

Tara said...

Wow you are incredible Monica!

joslyn marie said...

ha. the never ending ruffles. you are amazing . that made me laugh too :)

Monica said...

Tara I'm not incredible I'm incredibly crazy! Insane is what I am!

michelle said...

Monica, you do amaze me!!! When you told me there was a lot of ruffles, you meant it! I hope you enjoy your time in Snowflake. The weather looks like it will be beautiful up there.

marilyn said...

I can just see you doing this project, with a smile, I remember many projects all nighters, I agree you have a wonderful husband to help you what a great team, you better keep him.

Anonymous said...

Monica, Didnt you know ruffles are sooooo in? Hopefuly there will be a few left over to accesorize one of those boring church outfits! (not that you have any!) -sl

Meg said...

Oh my word Monica!! From door stripping to ruffle making!! How do you do it?! I know that if I lived close by I would have stayed far away from those projects.. my helping you sew would create 300 extra hours of work for you.. ask my jr high sewing teacher that has it so much with my sewing stupidity she told me to just watch my Mom do it and she would give me an A...
Some people have all the talents ;)
Love you! Glad you are done!

Britt said...

gosh monica why didnt you call me to help?.....oh yeah I am sitting on the beach in Hawaii! We sure do miss you and wade this go around. We drove past the shark excursion Brock and Wade went on and Brock had to tell Jason Jarvis all about it. We sure had great memories here havent we!
Miss ya....

Katie said...

I laughed right out loud when you said you would hide your sewing machine under a bushel.

Anonymous said...

You are the ruffle lady! Luv the pix luv you. Mommy

Ging said...

And on top of all that, you somehow managed to make Wendy's necklace! She loves it! Thanks so much. You are SUPERWOMAN!!!!!!!!!!