Sunday, October 5, 2008

Does Life Ever Slow Down?

I was so looking forward to a relaxing weekend. This is my favorite time of the year. The thought of relaxing and enjoying conference talks is so appealing, but somehow it never slows down for me around this time of the year. I only dream of having nothing else on this weekend. I can only hope for next conference to be less busy! In between the caos I enjoyed every minute of conference. I thought it was so inspiring! Is it just me but it seems to get better each year, maybe I just need it more each year! I could really relate to Sister Dalton when she said that when she got called to her new position she said that she told her self she could "do hard things", but since she has realized that "In the Strength of the Lord she can do all things" That really rang true to me in my life. How true it is that we can do all things with the Lord. I feel this conference was such a message of hope and comfort.
As the prophet put it I really felt the Spirit of the Lord. And I felt inspired to do more and be better. I love this Gospel with all of my heart and feel so blessed to be a member.
In between conferance, running to a baby shower, and priesthood session, Laurisa had a "Light" performance to raise money for breast cancer. She is so entertaining to watch! We got to see her perform her solo.


Reunited after 6 years! My friend Gina and her family moved to Mesa. We were dear friends in St. Louis. Walking buddies every morning! It is so fun to have her in our neck of the woods. We had them over for pizza night after conference! It was so good to spend the night with their family catching up on their lives! I'm so lucky to have such a dear friend as Gina who has inspired me and blessed my life through the years. She is so real and makes you feel like you've known her forever. It was like we were never apart! I'm grateful for good families like the Waddaups

7 comments:

joslyn marie said...

hi mom!! your blog is so cute. i check it everyday! We are feeling settled and loving scottsdale. Miss you though! You will have to come soon. Nordstrom Rack is right down the street! There are fun places around here too. Its nice because wal mart and target are less than a second a way. Well i love you . We cant wait til mexico!

Anonymous said...

Reuniting with old friends is sure fun! Laurisa is so naturally talented. I love my family

Amber said...

It is so fun to see what you are up to! I would sure love to see one of Laurisa's performances. What a treat to meet up with a good friend after all these years!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I LOVE to see all the fun things you are doing! Don't slow down, it makes for a really GREAT blog!!:)What a great weekend,(and i love your doors!) I love you!!! Jolyn

michelle said...

It sounds like you had a great marathon weekend! :) I am totally impressed you even made your homemade pizza! I still need to get that down.

Your doors are beautiful Monica! I think you chose a beautiful color. I think I am shying away from doing the kitchen cabinets. I almost can see the writing on the wall! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Monica, you are so talented! You blogging enthusiast! Hey, if I say your the Hottest blogger on the net...will anybody see what I wrote?

Nikki said...

Hey Monica...thanks for checking out my blog. Your blog looks great! Congrats on the marriage of your daughter she looks beautiful! I miss AZ and will hopefully be coming down soon...maybe permanently..hmmmm :)N