Thursday, January 8, 2009

16 hours with my boys and loving it!!!

Saturday I spent 16 hours at a wrestling tournament with my boys! Jake had a national wrestling tournament in Phoenix and they tried to convince me to stay home since it would be way to long of a day, but I was up to the adventure and wanted to spend time with my boys! It was long but I loved every minute of it! I loved being around Wade and Jake and to observe the relationship they have (the positive energy is contagious)! It is neat to see Jake enjoy something so much and to hear him talk about the life lessons he learns! If someone told me that I was going to go to a 16 hour match I would have told them that there was no way I could sit there that long, but I proved myself wrong and I enjoyed it more than I could have imagined!
Because Jake was out last season with an injury and doesn't belong to a wrestling club, taking the 2nd place medal at this National Tournament came as a shock to everyone! Everyone came up to him to learn where he was from and his wrestling history. Jake definitely played into it! His casual, humble, laid back personality came out when they spotlighted him in front of everyone! Before the final match they gave a bio about each contestant! He walked up very casual in his pajamas and had them announce that he was home schooled and enjoyed foursquare and clogging!!! I don't know where he comes up with these things....hmmmm I wonder if his dad had anything to do with it! Don't let the 1st place boy from California fool you--everyone said he was good enough to take the tournament any weight. He has been wrestling since two, has a wrestling gym in his home and wrestles 7 hours a day--now that is dedication! It was a very fun and exciting day! Way to go Jake! You teach your mom great lessons and entertain me thoroughly!

8 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

Way to go Jake!!!! You are so awesome...I LOVE how humble you are! Thanks to Monica, we get to see what your up to! We love you! It is always fun to be with your kids no matter what your doing! Am I a mom or what?!

{Morgan Burt} said...

16 hours? Holy smokes! Maybe you're love language is "Quality Time" haha It looks like you had a blast though!

Congrats Jake!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Congrats Jake! We need to meet up at a tournament one of these days, so we can spend 16 hours together!! LOVED hearing about the tournament-it would be so much fun to see you wrestle!

I never knew you took up clogging?
It's probably a good way to keep in shape for wrestling.

We would love to see that too.:)

justwhiting said...

Good job Jake! You are the funniest kid ever. I would have loved to see everyones face when they read your bio. I bet it looked a lot like the lady's face who had a big greyhound and you called it a shizu.

Monica said...

Justin,
OOh I can't stop laughing! That was such a fun memory of Jake in D.C. going up to people asking what kind of dog they had! What a crazy son I have! I think Heavenly Father gave me him so help keep my sense of humor! Thanks for the memory!

Christina said...

Way to go, that is awesome! I love the bio....clogging, I bet everyone loved it!

marilyn said...

Jake you definetly belong to your dad no denying that one, Congradulations, I hate missing these special times, its so hard having everyone so spread out, love you and we are very proud of you next time will make sure we watch you clog! Love you

Amber said...

Jake, I've always loved your sense of humor. Have I ever told you that 4-square is my favorite? Congrats, Jake!!! Keep us posted.