Thursday, January 8, 2009

My word for 2009....

My word for 2009... is Laughter!!!

laugh (laf) to make the sounds and facial movements that express mirth.-n 1 the act or sound of laughing 2 a cause of laughter 3 [pl.] [Inf.] mere diversion of pleasure.

A good, real, unrestrained, hearty laugh is a sort of glorified internal massage, performed rapidly and automatically. It manipulates and revitalizes corners of unexplored crannies of the system that are unresponsive to most other exercise methods. ~Maud Van Buren

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.
~Yiddish proverb

Laughter is an instant vacation.
~Milton Berle

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
~e.e. Cummings

A man isn't poor if he can still laugh.
~Raymond Hitchcock

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
~Victor Hugo

You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants. ~Stephen King

Laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life. ~Hugh Sidey


Have you chosen your word?

11 comments:

Meg said...

What a perfect Word!! I think laughter is the way to heal any emotion. I usually cackle cause I laugh so hard!! What a perfect focus for 2009

Amber said...

Thanks for the smile! I love the wrinkle quote and I LOVE the picture of you and Laurisa! I have many memories of laughing with you!

Britt said...

I love the picture of you and Laurisa laughing......You both are so beautiful.
I think laughing is one of the best things in the world. After you laugh there is a feeling of such euthoria.
I cackle also Meg......I would make a good witch in a play.

Monica said...

I love you Witch cackle Britt--it makes me laugh!

I love all your laughs...I can hear them all! Thanks for all the good fun memories that bring laughter to my heart!

michelle said...

Love your word!!! I think laughter is the best medicine sometimes. :) Let's for sure go bike riding, after your feeling better. I just got your voicemail. I will give you a call this afternoon, so swe can chat.

Christina said...

What a beautiful word! I love the quote about the soap and the most ironic quote I think is the one from Stephen King. For some reason, I find it kind of wierd picturing him laughing! :)

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I love this idea! Hmmmmm... now you have me thinking!

Anonymous said...

Mommy, I love your blog! You are one amazing blogger :) And I love this word...laughing is my favorite thing to do! My favorite thing is listening to you laugh, it makes me laugh even harder! I love you so much :) You are such an amazing person, I am so lucky to be your daughter!
Laurisa

marilyn said...

What a great way to start out the new year, how sad if you couln't laugh or hear the ones you love laugh, sometimes I think we forget the simple blessings we have, thanks for the great picture of two beautiful examples. love you

Jill Heaps said...

That's a great word! Funny, I was at the temple yesterday and one of the workers told me I had smile wrinkles. I wasn't so sure how to take it but I guess if I have to have wrinkles it's good their in the right places right?! You are SO beautiful!

Anonymous said...

great blog Monica! Thanks for sharing your wonderful life and family! I'd love your email - write me! heather solomon...heather@londonsrun.org or sollycrew@msn.com