Monday, January 19, 2009

Organizing


I spent a day organizing all of my grains so they can be accessible in my pantry! I just love feeling organized in my pantry, it energizes me to cook! I love these peet containers because they hold a 10 lb size can from the cannery and they are clear so you can see what is inside them! I am enjoying grinding different kinds of grain into flour and putting them in my recipes! My pizza recipe I added spelt and teft and it was yummy. I also bought a cook book called "COOKIES FOR DINNER" which has recipes with 6 different grains milled unto flour. I am going to Utah this week and am going to take a cooking class from her so I will let you know any good ideas I come away with!

8 comments:

{Morgan Burt} said...

Oh, wow! You need to come over and show my mom how to do that (ours is a disaster!) Don't tell her I told you that though...

Jill Heaps said...

I am so glad your coming to Utah too! You can organize my pantry to look JUST LIKE YOURS! I am soo jealous! I can't wait to see you. Love you

Lisa said...

Oatmeal & Wheat are my limit. Please share some recipes! I need some new ideas!
Your blog stalker

marilyn said...

Monica you make me tired what will you think of next, you have nothing left to organize, you are amazing, love you

Rhonda Cook said...

Hey, I would love to know where you got your peet containers. I am trying to get organized myself. They look great! Wow, you have fun things in your pantry. I would love some of your recipes as well. Have you ever heard of Penzies spices? They are so amazing. They make your soups sooooooo good and everything else too. Melissa told me about it. Here is the link. They have a store in Scottsdale. Check it out. Love you guys.

www.penzeys.com

Jolyn Buhrley said...

This looks like so much fun. Really, I think your pantry is beautiful! I love the feeling of organization! My sisters are really motivating me to start cooking healthier!! Can't wait to hear about your class in Utah. You did all this organization, had a backyard vacation, and family over?? You are Wonderwoman!!
I love you!!

Amber said...

I can't wait to try these recipes! I love grains. Your pantry looks AWESOME! Tomorrow's the party!!

Tammy said...

ok girl friend so are ya gonna teach some cooking classes and share all this knowledge your gaining? sign me up.