Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

New Years Eve started out with a fun filled day going shooting in the desert with my brother Tom! It was just supposed to be the boys but Laurisa just had to go...the adventure girl that she is! They had so much fun learning shooting tips from the best! Thanks Uncle Tom for making it such a fun experience! Mitch had a close call driving home from the desert when a white stallion horse ran right across the road...thank goodness for those awesome quick reflexes and alert paying attention driving skills!!!
We all went out for dinner that night (except Mitch had plans with friends that he couldn't break)! When we came home Laurisa went to a New Year's party with her friends and Jake went to his first Stake dance...Yahoo! All the adult chaperone's later told me that you would have never known it was Jake's first dance because he was the life of the party with all of his fun dance moves and he asked several girls to dance! He takes after his Dad! Mitch also showed up at the dance, it was fun for the boys to be at a Stake dance together!
The adults had so much fun playing games all night! I don't think we have ever had so much fun playing games!!! I laughed until I was sick! The next day I woke up with sore abs and I remembered that it wasn't from ad ripper X but from laughing so hard from the night before! It was so much fun to bring in the New Year with Nana, Paul and Great Nana! Some of Laurisa's friends came over after their party! The celebration just kept going all through the night as different kids kept showing up and coming in and out through the night! That is the fun of having a house full of teenagers!

5 comments:

michelle said...

It looks like tons of fun for all of you! I love staying up on New Years, and playing games! There is nothing better!

I ould love to learn how to put together the photo collages. I love the way you displayed your pictures. :)

joslyn marie said...

How adorable! Looks like we missed out! But New Years Day was fun! Love you.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

FUN night! You take such great pictures. I loved the shooting pictures. Lauris looks like a double agent ready for her first mission.

The Temple lights are gorgeous.

Too bad you couldn't have been at the dance to take some pictures of Jake's "moves"!:)
Love you!!!

Amber said...

Laurisa looks like a pro and Jake is looking waaay old. Where does the time go. Jeff goes shooting with his brothers and loves it. I love the picture of the game. You look like you are winning for the zillionth time! =D

marilyn said...

I'm excited for you having such a great time, I can't believe its all over and Jan 5th back to school. I'm not surprised that Jake had so much fun, its crazy we were at your house when Mitch went to his first stake dance, and Laurisa was giving him great advice. It look like Laurisa has mastered shooting what next! love you