Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a New Year 2009!

"Game Marathon weekend!" We had such a fun holiday playing games! We played in shifts with whoever wanted to play with Wade and I! Wade said he felt like we played enough games to last us until next New Years Eve! It is hard for Wade to play games because he doesn't feel his productive self, he was a very good sport and played just to spend time with the family.
After the reunion we all went to see the movie "Bedtime Stories" and then to Chick Fila to taste Joslyn's favorite treat, "peppermint chocolate chip shake"! We then came home and played games and then went to dinner to Joslyn's favorite restaurant "Carrabbas"! We came home and played more games!
The Wright Reunion New Years Day 2009
New Year's day was celebrated at our annual Wright family reunion at Great Aunt Jeanne's backyard. It is always the perfect weather for a picnic/barbecue! I just love the Wright family, they truly are the definition of FUN! I can see where Wade got his vivacious personality, charm and good looks---this fun family all have similar characteristics and looks! It was fun to introduce Wade to many of his relatives when we moved back to Arizona, since I knew them from growing up here! The kids also love seeing some of their friends from school that they didn't even know they were related to until they saw them the first time they came to the reunion! It is always fun to reconnect with this amazing family that we feel blessed to be a part of!

9 comments:

Cara said...

Zach & I are sad we missed this lunch but it is just so hard to split time up with the different families we have. Next year we must come! Glad you had a nice new years and by the way did Joselyn cut her hair? It looks cute.

Christina said...

I'm jealous! I wish that I could find people up here to play games like that with me! I love games, and my poor hubby, not so much! SAD!
Only in Arizona can you have a backyard BBQ January 1st!

Amber said...

Wish we could have been with you!! Wright gatherings are always so much fun. Can you send me your pizza dough and sauce recipes? All this snow has me in the mood to cook. Burrrrrrrr. Love you! You look so young and beautiful in all these pics!

Jill Heaps said...

What a fun weekend. I see you are always looking very HIP in your stylish clothes...your kids can't even keep up with you! You look awesome! We love you! Who needs
P90X?

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Wow! What a super fun day! My littlest ones don't allow us to play games all day....yet!!:) But, I love it when we get the chance. I laughed with the comment about Wade, I can so picture it! However, it DOES look like a VERY "productive" day with the fam!

BTW....Your boys have gotten so tall! Is Mitch cheating,(on his toes,) or is he really catching up to Wade!

Thanks for posting all the pictures of the Wright reunion! We really want to get down there! It was fun to see the photos.

Love you!!

marilyn said...

It was soooo fun seeing these pictures I'm so glad you have so much with the Wrights, they love being with you, I loved seeing the pictures. You all look so beautfil Monica what are you doing you are looking younger if thats possible. You are supposed to age after you hit 40, but I guess no one told you. I had to laugh at the pictures of you guys playing games, I don't think Wade mind "wasting time" since he won you could tell by his little smug face. A mom always reconizes that look. We can't wait to be with you again, we love love love you!

Monica said...

About the stylist clothes---they are Laurisa's! She is so fun to share with since I never had a sister to share!

Yes Mitch is getting tall--no he's not on his toes that is his real height! Pretty soon I'll be the shortest one in the family!

Amber I shared my pizza recipe with Jill--it might be easier to get it from her since she lives there! Or maybe I should post it on the blog???

Tammy said...

HI I'm loving your blog. We have had an exciting week, the baby is here "GRAHAM ISAAC BAWDEN" I just posted some pictures on my blog. Chels had a tough time 19 hours of labor and 4 of that pushing, but when you see this little guy you'll know he was so worth it. Get prepared it is an amazing when you can be with your girls through this.it is always so fun tosee you, we'll chat with you later. Tammy

Ging said...

New Year's wouldn't be the same without the fun Wright b-b-qs! And Monica can always be relied on to get it all recorded on pics!