Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mitchell and Jake go out for track

We have runners in the family. After wrestling season Mitch and Jake signed up to be on the track team. At Jakes first meet I was very surprised when I saw take third place in hurrdles. I truly have never understood how people can do that event. It is amazing to watch! Jake has such height when he jumps. His other strong event is the high jump!
Mitch's first week he qualified to run in an invitational with several other schools in the valley. It was very impressive to watch him run the 1600 with a time of 5 min and 4 seconds. Way to go boys!

4 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

LOVED that you guys tried something new, and what a bonus that you are such NATURALS! Running is such a lifetime sport!!

marilyn said...

Wow I am impressed, you look like a natural runner, I'm glad you love it, its so fun to be so good at something you love. In fact I think you love everything, cause you are good at everything,music, wrestling, running, surfing, boarding, I hope safe driving, making girls happy and etc etc etc. Love you

Jill Heaps said...

Holy cow! This is awesome! Way to go guys. I am so glad we get to keep updated and see these awesome pictures! Jumping high came from your mom for sure....running fast came from me for sure! ha ha Hey I did a 6 min 30 sec mile ONCE! It felt great :)
I can't wait to see more!!

Amber said...

I am way impressed. I admire all the runners in the family! I'm getting nervous that our next family reunion might be a marathon! I could cheer! Congratulations!