Monday, March 30, 2009

Snow for Spring Break! (part I)

Spring Break was very unique this year. We have learned to be spontaneous when plans change by the minute. We were supposed to be in D.C. or Chicago with Laurisa's Light group but with Wade in New York for his new position we had a change of plans. I decided to take the three kids skiing (Laurisa was in Chicago/Nauvoo area). The Breinholts invited us to stay at their cabin and ski/snowboard with them. We had the most wonderful time at their cabin playing games, watching movies ( in their private movie theatre), jacuzzing, zip lining and going out to dinner! They are such a fun family to be around!
The boy's couldn't wait to get home from the slopes so they could zip line! The zip line was incredible...it reminded me of the ones we went on in Hawaii. It was over 60 ft. tall and 250 ft. long. The boys loved every minute of it. We ran out of daylight so Joslyn and I will have to get our turn next time.

ST. PATRICKS DAY!
Kelly and I ran to Walmart and bought every green thing we could get our hands on for St. Patricks day! The boys were a hit on the ski slopes with these big green wigs that covered their helmets. The best part about it was we always knew where they were...they could be seen a mile a way. We all made it through the day without a pinch! On the car ride home we had to stop at Mcdonalds and get our traditional Shamrock green shakes, especially for Wade since he couldn't be with us!
The weather couldn't have been more perfect if I would have ordered it myself. We actually kept having to shed gloves and coats through out the day. It reminded me when I was a teenager and skied at this resort with short sleeves and jeans! It was the perfect ski/snowboarding weather for two days of incredible FUN on the slopes!!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I love skiing in weather like that! Those wigs are a hoot! You are really looking yellow now! Your kids will never forget the fun memory, I'm sure!

Cara said...

Oh my goodness those wigs are a riot! I dodn't know McDonalds has green shakes for St Patty's day...I will have to keep that in mind for next year.

marilyn said...

Hmm I wonder how you could keep trap of the boys with those green wigs. I had to laugh you stopping at Mcdonalds, for the green shakes, we did that with Wade when he was a little boy, its funny I had forgotten all about that tradition. Its too bad your family doesn't know how to have fun. I love the pictures and love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Wow, the zip-lines look fun!
I had to laugh that Amber said you are looking "yellow"!! If yellow means you are "fun" .....I have always thought you were VERY yellow!:)

The green wigs were genius! What a great, fun idea.

Monica said...

I have absolutely no yellow but have yellow envy---Wade being almost All yellow! I just pretend to be yellow!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

It was so much fun being with you. I miss sleeping with you.. I got used to it:) You are my best friend little mommy.

Kim said...

Wow! What a fun spring break! That looked like a blast- I loved those green wigs. How funny! I love that you ski and keep up with your boys doing what they love doing. You guys looked adorable- I'm glad even without Wade and Laurisa you had a great break!