Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Designer Make-over

I've been going to town decorating! Wade has been a Distric Manager for 10 years, and we've talked for the last 6 years that when he got his 10 year bonus we would buy a new couch! Well the time has finally come to replace our beloved couch of 10 years. The kids had a hard time parting with it but I was thrilled to get a new one. My mom has been asking us for a while when we were going to buy a new couch. She said that it was time! Thank goodness for mom's they always know when something needs to be replaced.
I told Laurisa if she sold our old couch she could have a percentage of the profits, so she sold it before our new couch came in. I got a call one night, and she said mom can we have a party at our house. I reminded her that we were couchless and she reassured me that it would be fine. So I had twenty or so kids laying all over the floor of the family room.
It was definitely a day to celebrate when our new couch came. I went to one of my favorite decor' stores and bought some decorations for our nooks to match the new colors of the couch. And then that led to decorating the dining room, etc. It has been so much fun I just can't stop. Ask Jake I'm now on to his room. He told me I didn't have to decorate his room and to save my money. But I just can't help myself!

8 comments:

Meg said...

MONICA!!! I too have a pang of anguish when I heard the beloved couch was going bye bye. That has been a staple for awhile.. and it was in great shape! But I ABSOLUTELY adore what you did with the new look of the house. It is classy and elegant! Perfect for a Mom with grown children. WAY TO BE!! So happy for you!

Amber said...

LOVE it!! Jakes comment made me laugh. Reminds me of Davin when Nicki came home from Savers with a new shirt last week. "I don't know what it is about girls and cute shirts!"

The new decor is beautiful!! You have such a knack. What did Laurisa do to sell the couch?

Can't wait to see you SOON!

Monica said...

She put it on Craigs list! We have always sold things so fast and easy on Craig's list!

put-it-in-writing.blogspot.com said...

Wow another little thing to make your beautiful house a gourgeous home.

Jill Heaps said...

It looks so great! Way to go! I have always loved your style and ability to make your home so inviting! I love it!

marilyn said...

Wow beautiful, you would be the most wanted decorater you are fabulous, one thing always leads to another it is impossible to stop, I love it very elegant and inviting how do the little dogs like it that might not be invited on that couch just like Leo is not allowed on their new couch. GREAT JOB! Love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I really love it! How fun for you! It looks like a whole new house. Love your choice!!!

akglaciergirl said...

I love your new couch!! You did an AWESOME job decorating! When are you coming to GA to help me with my house?? I love your colors too!