Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Pioneer Day!

I always love celebrating this day! I feel so so grateful for the sacrifice that our ancestors gave in our behalf. I always think of them when I realize how many modern day conveniences we have compared to crossing the plains in a covered wagon or pulling a hand cart. I have such love and adviration for the courage and faith the early saints had. They are an inspiration to me on a daily basis. I hope that I can be as strong as they were in my faith, devotion, and physical strengh.Wade oversees all Stake sports and activities, so we as a family helped him set-up, serve pancakes, and take down for the Stake Pioneer Day. This year it was a huge success with over 200 people in attendance. It was fun to break out the costumes from our "City of Joseph" pageant days. Wade was the M.C. and our Stake President taught us line dancing. It made for a fun celebration! We will always be grateful for our pioneer heritage.

5 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

WOW that brought back so many memories, thank goodness dad didnt have to wear the make up like at the pageant hahhahaha! i loved pres thornock's face in one of the dancing pictures! you guys had too much fun.. you should paint your laundry room blue.. did you notice the sign? it says keep calm and carry on! you should have something with that saying! im in love with that saying and im in love with my little mommY!:)

marilyn said...

The stke sure knows what to put Wade in charge of and his great family support, that looks like so much fun and its so exciting to see how successful it was, knowing everyone had such a great time. I think the Whitings are the cutest pioneeer's ever, you bring life to every party!!!love you

Amber said...

Those costumes bring back such amazing memories of Nauvoo!!!

What a great activity! This really looks fun. Love the action shots in costume!

Christina said...

I am so jealous! That looks like a blast! You guys are always doing such fun things. I need to come live by you guys for awhile and experience the 'Whiting' life! :)

Ging said...

You guys are just the cutest family ever! I love you!