Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happpy Fourth of July!!!

TraditionsA tradition that we have had for 20 years is our flag cake. It is a family favorite.Our traditional Fourth of July pyramid. Our small family this year---we missed the girls.
We had the Booher family over for a barbecue and swim party. They brought a favorite---Huli Huli chicken. Britt's family in Hawaii invented the famous recipe and it is so delicious that you can't stop eating it, ask Wade. Then we went over to our bishop's backyard to watch the Rocking R Ranch fireworks. He has about a hundred people every year and serves us all snow cones. It is my favorite fireworks because they let them off just 50 yards from where we are sitting so they are right over our heads. I just love the Fourth and feel so blessed to live in this wonderful land that we call America. I'm proud to be an American and feel so grateful for the many lives that have been shed in our behalf. "Freedom is not Free" there is a price. I'm also thankful for good friends to share the holiday with, we love you Boohers! We missed our girls this year who were in Utah with Family. We are very good at sharing them although they were missed!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW I love my family! That pyramid picture cracks me UP!! sad though...mom and the boys! looks like you had a blast :) How fun! I missed you! and it looks so fun with the boos :)

Anonymous said...

AWW I love my family! That pyramid picture cracks me UP!! sad though...mom and the boys! looks like you had a blast :) How fun! I missed you! and it looks so fun with the boos :)
love laurisa

Amber said...

I remember that cake! You've made it for us on the 4th before. That pyramid looks a little sad!! The party makes up for it. =D

I'm glad you had a great 4th. We loved seeing Laurisa and Jos!! See you soon at the reunion!

Britt said...

Moni we had such a fun time! Rylee said that when she grows up she wants a pug...lolol One that swims too....I got a laugh out of Roxy pics of her swimming. That dog has personality. Thanks for including us in your 4th of July celebration. It was a treat! hugs, Britt

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

The pyramid picture makes me laugh SO HARD. so sad:( I love my family !!! i miss you guyssss mwahhhh. come to utahhhhh!

akglaciergirl said...

My sisters and I made a flag cake too! Looks like ya'll had lots of fun! great pics!

marilyn said...

I remember the flag cake when you and Wade lived in Utah, you are great keeping up with traditions, your family has great memories because you make every holiday so much fun. Love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I also think of your 4rth of July pryamid and shirts! I was glad to see all of you in your shirts even when you weren't together! :) You always make Holidays fun!

I remember the first year I made the flag cake. We took a picture and it fell right out of my hands all over the floor! Luckily we didn't make that part a tradition! Love traditions!
Love you !