Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pizza Pinwheels

I made this for dinner the other night and it was a family favorite. It is a fun way to eat pizza!

Pinwheel Pizza

Pizza Dough (I use my homemade wheat recipe)
Pizza Sauce (Fresh)
Pepperoni slices or fresh veggies
Quattro Formaggio (Four cheese blend)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


Roll out pizza dough to a rectangular shape, proximately 9 x 13. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce. Layer slices of toppings of your choice, leaving a 1 inch border. Sprinkle about a handful of cheese before rolling the dough.
roll the dough in a roll. Same way as if you were making cinnamon rolls. Using a serrrated knife, slice into 2" pieces. Lay them sideways (so they look like cinnamon rolls) on a cookie sheet. Brush a little olive oil and garlic powder over the tops. Bake until golden brown , approximately 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

7 comments:

put-it-in-writing.blogspot.com said...

yum Now that is something I would eat

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

I don't feel like making dinner tonight.. can i just fly to az for pizza? i miss your homemade bread and pizza so badddd. and your hugs.. i love you mommy.

marilyn said...

I am no hungry that looks sooooo good, I think it would be dangerous to cook as good as you do. When are we going to find something you don't do well? You are amazing love you

Christina said...

WOW! Delish! I will have to come and visit and test this out!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

YUM!!!! Looks pretty too!
We are going to have a ton of tomotoes in our garden..I will have to try fresh sauce!

Love you!!

Oh, let me know if you are heading to the "crystal" store before the reunion. I don't want you to make an extra trip, but if your going...I may place an order. Gracie had a little (dropping) accident with all of my big crystals!

Amber said...

Thanks for posting the recipe! Our kids have been talking about making these ever since you told us about them. Yumm!

Katie said...

Can't wait to try it!