Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gifts of Service

When we were first married Wade and I took the love language test and he found out pretty quickly that my love language was gifts of service. So he has spent many years doing countless acts of service for me! Sometimes I feel guilty because I feel that I have the high maintenance love language but he has a way of giving the gift of service with so much love!
When we were in Mexico and he was home alone for the weekend he surprised me with planting a garden that we had only briefly talked about planting when I returned home. It was the garden that I always dreamed of! He truly meets all my love languages now I just need to be better at reaching his! I have it easy, believe me!
For family night we planted some marigolds to keep away the bugs and a few more tomato plants! Everyone is welcome to our tomato's (four different varieties), squash, zucchini, salsa garden, strawberries, cucumbers, and peppers! I think we'll have plenty to share! Thanks Wade for this amazing gift that should keep on giving through the summer months!

7 comments:

shinigamiheromi23 said...

wau...nice blog ha...

Ging said...

It was so fun being with your family today. I love each one of you. It is always fun seeing each of your kids sharing their talents. You and Wade have done an awesome job of raising your family. I love you all so much!

marilyn said...

I ofter wondered what planet Wade came from, he is sooo amazing, studying and working hard at home, and planting an amazing garden. He is truly amazing and of course he had to find an amazing wife and have an amazing family. You might make a few people jealous, maybe its because you make a great team! love you

Meg said...

I love that!! I believe SOOO stringly in the love languages. Way to go Wade!! We need more good men like you out there.

wendy said...

Wade, can you come by and help me start a garden. I would love to have a garden, especially a SALSA GARDEN, mmmmm!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

What a fun sight to come home too! I have to agree with mom, you are both amazing!! I also had to laugh at mom! She is so cute, can't you just hear her saying what she writes? We are trying to get our garden ready....we just need an extra day in the week! ( or Wade to come visit!:))
I love you! Call me and we can figure out a time to cancel and add at the same time for EFY.

Amber said...

I somehow missed this post! The garden is beautiful!!! I am so impressed! That is way thoughtful. I just watched Fireproof with Jeff last night. I can't wait to watch it with the kids. Thanks for the awesome recommendation. Why couldn't more of the 'Mormon' movies have such a great and amazing message???!