Wednesday, April 15, 2009

VIVA LAS VEGAS

Wade has wanted me to go with him to Vegas since his last business trip a year ago. I really have never had a desire to go there, but since my Aunt Julie and Grandma Young live there, I wanted to visit them and then meet up with Wade for the weekend.
I was so surprised how fun Vegas was. It felt like we were in Italy staying at the Venetian. It was a beautiful hotel with so much to do right in the hotel. It was like a city inside the hotel! Our luxury suite was amazing it felt like a high rise apartment. We have a new favorite eating place, it was ordering room service in our room at our own dining room table. It felt like we were at a private restaurant with a beautiful view of the city lights.
The gondola ride was so romantic. We paid to have the whole gondola to ourselves. Our gondolier sang beautiful Italian music and kept telling us how romantic it is to kiss under all the bridges, so we took his advice. It felt like we experienced a little bit of Italy.
We met up with Rob and Jen Pickles at night to go to dinner and see shows. We love this couple and always have so fun with them. Rob and I go way back some 30 years... I shouldn't be disclosing this on my blog, but I used to babysit him.) It really ages me but we really are only a few years apart. We saw La Rev a Circ de Sole show put to beautiful relaxing music and water. It was the most amazing show, it truly defied gravity. We also went to see Phantom of the Opera. This was our third time...I can never get enough of this musical. The special effects at the theatre in the Venetian were spectacular. The Phantom music is my favorite all time music. I loved how everywhere we could hear the music playing through out our hotel, even in the elevator.
The architecture was stunning, it was an exact replica of some of the buildings in Italy. It felt so European. There was so much to do at the hotel, we ate along the canal, walked through the all the shops...they went on forever.
We walked to the Mirage and went to the wildlife exhibit. We watched the dolphins play for hours. They are so fascinating to watch and very entertaining. It was a beautiful exhibit. It was a wonderful relaxing and enjoyable get-a-way. Wade makes everything so much fun, I am so glad that he talked me into going to Vegas with him!

9 comments:

Amber said...

Looks beautiful and so much fun! I love your new family photo!

wendy said...

Wow, sounds so fun! Now I can't wait to go in July! We will have to visit the Venetian. I've always wanted to go to Italy-this is probably as close as I'll ever get! I'm glad you had so much fun!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

Oh my gosh ! This is the cutest post ever! You and Dad had wayy too much fun! The gondola ride reminded me of little mermaid! I love the picture of you guys kissing. I have the best and cutest parents:)

Meg said...

So fun!! Never have seen that side you described of vegas before.. Hope to one day see that! Thanks for sharing! Love you!

marilyn said...

I never saw that side of Vegas, I can't wait to see it in your eyes, the pictures are amazing, I agree with Jos, she has the cutest parents, you both make everyting fun, that is a talent that everyone does not have. I do have to ask where you got that fancy coat, I don't think you wear it in Ariz. what great models you both are. Thanks for sharing Love you

Monica said...

The coat was at the Juicy Couture store. I was being silly and modeling it to show my girls since they love Juicy. I was tempted to buy it since it was 50% off but it is a little too fancy and not really needed in Arizona!!! You are too kind with your comments but hopefully you can come with us in July!!!

Anonymous said...

Bragger. That all I've ever wanted was room service with a view.

Linda Pickles said...

Rob told me about your blog and it has been so fun looking at all the pictures. And you don't look any older than you did when you were babysitting for us!

You have a beautiful family! We are so happy for you!

Much love,
Linda and Jeff

Jolyn Buhrley said...

What FUN pictures. You guys have always been so good at taking time for each other!! I LOVED and LAUGHED at the photo (and especially the comment she made!) on Laurisa's face book--the one with Wade giving the peace sign as you are gazing romantically in his eyes. love you!!