Sunday, April 12, 2009

Guess Who's Coming for Dinner???



Our church party theme was "Guess Who's Coming for Dinner"! The idea was that there were certain assigned host families that would have 10 surprise guests for a themed dinner. The guests knew who they were assigned to, but the hosts couples were completely in the dark. Being one of the host couples Wade and I decided to have a Luau since one of our favorite places to visit is Hawaii! It was so fun to be surprised when our guests showed up on our doorstep. We greeted each one with a lei. Our surprised guests were the Vancleve's, Suzanne Garner, The Rodger's( a new family in our ward) and Joslyn. We had Hawaiin Haystacks for dinner and everyone brought a portion of the meal! It was such a fun evening getting to know these wonderful people better. We had fruit sorbet's in the shell of coconuts, pinapples, and oranges for dessert. It was such an enjoyable night that it was hard to have it end, I think we should repeat this activity again it was so much fun!

11 comments:

marilyn said...

What a fun idea, we would want to be your guests, thats a great idea to get close and get to know each other better, we will have to try something like that in our ward. Would you be willing to be a Host? Love you

Jill Rogers said...

We totally should! That would be great fun, and I'm sure Grant would have a grand old time with such a captive audience...

That was such a fun night, I totally hope they do it some time again soon!

The Harbertson's said...

Hi you guys!, I love to read the comments you leave on Brittney's blog. And yes, Jacob is spoiled by everyone!!! Your dinner group sounded like a lot of fun, we had a wonderful time our Host were Rose and Mike Richmand and we had a Great time!

Meg said...

LOL, I love Mom Whitings response!! SO dang funny!! What a fun idea.. I love it so much!

Ging said...

What a great idea. You guys are always doing such fun things! Makes me want to do the hula!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

What a fun idea...let's go to Hawaii!! :)

Monica said...

This was such a fun night! You always make things so much fun! The hawaiian haystacks and desserts were amazing! ! I felt like I was in hawaii:)

Monica said...

this is jos:)

Basarabas said...

Oh how fun! I love how you and Wade are matching!

Amber said...

I really love the picture of you and Wade all dressed up! This looks SO fun. I know I would love it, especially with you and Wade hosting!

Thanks for the pep talk yesterday. It really helped.

michelle said...

Your dinner looks like it was so fun! We had a great time at our dinner, that was hosted by the Lubkes. I love this idea, and think we should keep it going. :)

Your garden is amazing! Good job Wade!