Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break---The Beach (part II)

There is only one word that can describe the last 6 days of our Spring Break and that is "Relaxing". After 2 days of skiing we drove with Nana, Paul and their good friends the Johnsons to stay at their beach condo in Rocky Point Mexico. The drive was quite an adventure when we realized the car with the men in it must have got talking and lost us. We couldn't catch up to them but we found our way all by ourselves. Way to go girls! I usually can find my way somewhere if I've been there once before. Thank goodness we arrived just before dark, so they didn't have to come looking for us!
We let our hair down and just enjoyed every moment of the beautiful beach and perfect 85 degree weather. Everyday Joslyn and I would go down and set up camp at the beach and read. I never left the beach until the sunset every night! It truly was what the doctor ordered for this mom. I felt like I was in Heaven. I hesitated making this post because I know Wade and Laurisa felt left out! We tried not to have to much fun with out them, so instead we just did boring things like reading, flying kites, building sand sculptures, floating in the pool and going down the slides, jacuzzing, game and movie marathons, throwing footballs, and buying food and gifts by the vendors(after a while we got very good at saying NO Gracias) although many had an attraction to Joslyn. I couldn't leave her on the beach alone because the locals always came by to talk to her. It was a great way to catch up on our Spanish though.




The highlight was when we said yes to the locals and hopped on horses on the beach. What a treat. I grew up riding horses on Saturdays with my mom so it was so fun to ride horses with her after all these years. We rode into the sunset and it was so beautiful! I just love spontaneity!
I have never come home from a trip so relaxed and rejuvenated! I had so much fun bonding with each of the children. Joslyn and I got a lot of time together reading, laughing and sharing with each other in wonderful conversation. My children are truly my best friends and there isn't anyone I'd rather spend time with! Thanks Nana and Paul for making this such a wonderful vacation. Wade I promise next time we will bring you with us!

9 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I almost felt relaxed just READING about your vacation!!!
Reading all day on the beach.....that sounds absolutely wonderful. Great pictures, I loved the photos of you horseback riding into the sunset! What good memories. You all look beautiful- Joslyn probably couldn't leave you alone on the beach for long either!:)and tell Mitch I really do like his haircut!!

Christina said...

What a beautiful vacation. I am so jealous. It looks like you guys really had a great time. I love the horses. They are stunning.

Tammy said...

How fun! you are all so adorable.
So you got to hold Graham, isn't he munchable?!!!
On gardening one of the shows i watched about watering it says when things start looking wilty soak them really well, then dont water again till they look wilted again, but I'm not so sure in the AZ heat that it will work. I water a little every morning to get the seeds up and then every other day I soak them good. so far that is working.

Meg said...

I need a vacation!!! Take me with you!! Love you!

wendy said...

how nice! take me next time too!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I just read on Jill's comments that Mitch ran the mile in under 5 minutes!!!!!! wow, wow, wow. Tell him I am very impressed.

marilyn said...

Wow, of course you know how to vacation, I'm glad you had so much fun, it is so great to come home and feel ready to go again because you actually got to relaz and not feel guilty about it. I love the pictures they are beautiful. Also tell Mitch congradulations I can't believe how fast his mile was, wow I am impressed!

The Breinholts said...

I love spontaneity! How fun for you--I can't wait to be back on the beach in Mexico--we're going next week! You are such a great mom--you inspire me to be better with my kids!

Kim said...

Woah! Talk about one busy and crazy fun Spring break! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your get-aways and had so much fun as a family... (minus Laurisa and Wade!) Looked like a blast!