Thursday, November 6, 2008

Photo shoot

Sibling Separation

Joslyn, Mitch,and Jake were used as models for an ad for an adoption agency. I took it off the website http://www.capturedmiracles.org/_blog/Miracles. This is what the photographer had to say about the shot.
The shot is of siblings being separated from each other and they are grasping for each other to pull themselves back together as a family. With Christ in the middle holding them together. This can represent a number of meanings. Divorces, sibling separation through foster care, a family dealing with addictions. Unseen forces tearing families apart. If you look closely you can see hands fading into the darkness as they are pulling the children apart from each other.

The kids in this shoot did a great job in showing the different emotions that anyone would have in this situation.
I love that the oldest brother has a very protective look on his face...ready to take on anyone and anything that would tear his family apart. The baby reaching for her older sister...wow, when she did that in the shoot I knew that was the shot. How amazing that she would reach like that...she is 1yrs old. Amazing.
The younger brother concerned and the two older sisters reaching so desperately for each other as if to say "don't take them away from me. "

I loved doing this shoot. The thought of siblings separated from each other tears at my heart. photographer Helen Robson

5 comments:

marilyn said...

What a great add, I need to see it closer, I can't believe all the experiences that the kids do, what a boring life they have. Good job, don't let anybody adopt you except me of course. Love you

Amber said...

You have a knack for finding amazing photographers. This is really touching. I checked out the website and really love her work. Wow.

Do you get a copy since your amazing kids are in the shot?

Ging said...

Wow! That was so powerful! Made me almost cry! I would love to see a close up, too.

Britt said...

It gave me goosebumps. Adoption has a special place in my heart.

michelle said...

I love it! It really does capture the meaning of seperation. It brought tears to my eyes.

Have a safe trip to Utah. I hope it is tons of fun, and you stay warm! Talk to you when you get back. :)