Saturday, November 1, 2008

Taking out the TRASH

I finally figured out how to get Wade to slow down!!! STITCHES! I realized that a man needs a women to help him make rational and wise decisions, like going to the emergency room when you have an arterial bleed.
Today after his jog he came home and decided to empty all the trash cans. He forgot that earlier he had broke a glass and put it in the garbage. As he pulled on the bag to take it out, the sharp piece of glass broke through the bag and sliced Wades inner thigh. Wade was sure I could just put a butterfly band aid on it and it would be all better. He didn't feel a need to have a needle in his epidermis. After much coaxing he finally agreed for me to take him to the urgent care just to have a look at it. He tried to talk them into superglueing it closed, but they were out of superglue. Darn, Wade was out of luck! I actually was very proud of my brave Warrior he only cried a little (JK) and having Jake at the end of the table watching the whole procedure and asking inquiring questions through the process made Wade more on the Brave side. Of course Wade is Jake's hero! Jake now has an interest in the medical profession and Wade's learned a lesson, "Never take the trash out!" The ER doctor said that you wouldn't believe how many accidents there are from taking out the TRASH! Beware Trash taker outers!

My brave warrior!

6 comments:

Meg said...

SICKY!! I am glad I'm fasting!!...EW!! Way to be brave Waders!

Amber said...

I'm not taking the trash out anymore. That is really gross.

joslyn marie said...

Dad- Now who is going to take out the trash?? hah. I think mitch and jake will be too scared now. I will come over and do it. I love you.

justwhiting said...

Did you get a sticker after seeing the doctor for being sooo brave?

Ging said...

OMG! Poor baby! So brave!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I think I recall a story from when you were little and running out of the room before they could get you with the needle!?! I'm not sure, I just think it was a good thing Jake was there so you couldn't make an escape!! That REALLY is disgusting tough guy.