Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wow!! BIG SIXTEEN!!!

He is going to die when he sees this picture. I stole it off of his before and after P90X pictures! Yes Mitch I have tickets!


Mitch is 16 today! Wow!
How do I even begin to describe the feeling of gratitude we all have for Mitch's birth. I remember that day like it was yesterday, holding that sweet little angel boy directly from heaven in my arms. Everyone that knows Mitch knows what an amazing young man he is. He is truly the most amazing teenager! He is his sisters and brother's best friend. He makes you feel better about yourself for just knowing him. He always has a hug to give you! He is so full of love for life!
He was always such a happy baby. He talked constantly as a child and is still just as social. Tonight his young men leader told me he broke the record for having the most girls at an Eagle project. He definitely has a following! It was so neat to see him in action with his Eagle project. He is a great leader and knows how to delegate. Besides the fact that I loved all of the one on one time we got together running all of the errands for his project. Mitch I am so proud of you! Thanks for being my example. He has such a strong testimony and love for his Savior. He always stands for truth and righteousness! He is a leader for good! He is also a very talented musician. He recently wrote a song for his sister Laurisa and played it on the guitar for her. It was definitely a tear jerker for this mother. I love how much he loves his family. Mitch we are so blessed that you were born into our family. We celebrate your life today and every day!!!




Mitch woke up to his siblings making homemade crepes, then after church we celebrated as a family. All his friends came over tonight for an ice cream bar with all his favorite toppings!
One of Mitch's favorite presents was the present given by his brother Jake. It was a poem, it goes as follows:
SERVICE
The gift of service is an amazing thing
You can not describe the joy it brings
The measure of love is so immense
when one kind deed will recompense
To show my endless love for you
I'll give this to show I'm true
A Saturday filled with endless fun
You will do no chores, you will play in the sun
While I will cheerfully take the weight
Because you were born on this marvelous date

Happy B-day Mitch! I love you with all my heart
Love, Jake

13 comments:

joslyn marie said...

He was the cutest little baby . My first little brother. aw. Its fun to think back . The collages are awesome! You need to teach me. I cant wait for my birthday maybe ill get lucky enough to have a collage on your blog:)

Anonymous said...

Mom,
I must admit i have the most beautiful mother in the entire world. You mean the world to me mom. I was a little shcoked when i saw my OLD p90x picture on here :) You are so wonderful. This gift of putting this on your blog means so much. I'm so thankful for the person you have helped me become and for the help you have given me to feel so close to my Heavenly Father. I don't know what i would do without you and my wonderful family you have brought to this earth. Well and married. I will always treat girls as beautiful daughters of God as i know they are. You have raised me in such a gentle and loving way and i cannot express how much it means to me to be your son.

Loves.

-Mitch

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Mitch! These pictures bring back such fun memories. You started out awesome...and stayed awesome! It will be fun to see all the amazing things you do in life. You will do great things, I'm sure.
Love you lots! Aunt Amber

p.s. Jake, that is a super present and great poem!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

We love you Mitch, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Now you can DRIVE to Boise and see us, right!? It's only 18 hours away!:) What a beautiful tribute to your mom, I have a feeling it's one she's going to keep. You are such a great example to all of your cousins,(I know my Mitch LOVES having your name)!! love, Aunt Jolyn

Ging said...

What a guy! Happy Birthday, Mitch!
Hey, Jos...invite me to your blog!

Ging said...

Mitch, your comment is the best present a mother could ever ask for. You are awesome! I am so proud of you. You are going to make an amazing missionary and husband! Love you tons!

marilyn said...

Mitch, Happy Birthday to my wonderful grandson, I thought Jakes present was great, what great brothers you both are, and you gave your mother the greatest gift you can give, your graditude and love and appreciation . Your parents are great and what great children they are blessed with. I got to see you born it was so exciting, You are awesome love you!!!!

Jill Heaps said...

Is that Mitch? Oh I thought it was Tony Horton on steroids!
Happy birthday you awesome nephew! Emily misses dancing with you...she needs her prince you know! I love you so much. I am positive you had an amazing birthday. How could you not with a mom like yours? Oh and a dad too of course! We Love you!!!
from your favorite aunt of course!

Janelle said...

Happy birthday Mitch!

Monica you truly are one of the best Mom's. You can see how much all your children love you.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Favorite Aunt?! Mitch! You have always told ME I'm your fav!!!!!Poor Jill, have you broken it to her? Maybe we should just keep it our secret, you know how she gets.:) Love, your true favorite, Aunt Jolyn

Tara said...

I love mitch!! He is the sweetest guy. You're right, he always has a hug to give. I love that guy! Happy bday Mitch!!
Tara

justwhiting said...

Mitch you are much buffer than your dad was at your age. Hope you had a good birthday.

Breea said...

Hi Sis. Whiting! this is Breea Guttery. Im mikie mcdowells friend. i love your blog! its so cute! i wish i could have gone to his little get together on sunday! i was at a meeting. tell him happy late birthday for me!