Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yummy Wholewheat Bread!!!

There is nothing like homemade bread hot out of the oven! It is a family favorite! My friend came over and saw my bread cooling on the counter and said you have to take a picture and put the recipe on your blog! Most of you I've already shared this recipe with, but if you haven't tried it you'lll love it! It's Chef Brads bread recipe. It is fullproof and turns out perfect every time, except one time when I left the oven on 400 degrees the whole time! It came out bricks! So learn from my mistake!

Basic Whole Wheat Bread

6 c. hot water (110 degrees) 2/3 c. honey
10 c. Prairie Gold or other hard 3 Tbsp. dough enhancer
whole wheat flour 3Tbsp. Saf or othe instant yeast
2 Tbsp. salt 6-8 c. Natural white flour
2/3 c. oil (optional)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine ingredients in Bosch bowl with dough hook, using only half of the flour, placing flour in last with yeast on top. Begin mixing, adding enough remaining flour until dough cleans sides of bowl (it may not require all of the flour). Knead 6 minutes or until gluten has developed. Remove from bowl and divide into loaves. Form loaves for pans or free standing loaves. Let rise to double. Bake in prheated oven, dropping temperature to 325 degrees. Bake 20-25 minutes or until internal bread temperature reaches 180 degrees.

I just love this recipe! From start to finish it only takes me 1 1/2 hours, and I can do things in between the dough rising and baking! I love modern technology! It also makes great rolls! Great for Thanksgiving! Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I can almost smell it from Utah! Your bread looks delicious!

Meg said...

It does look AMAZING!!! Ask Amber how good I am with bread! hahhaha I can't seem to see the recipe though weird!!

Ging said...

I can't wait to have some of your yummy bread and rolls tomorrow. BTW, tell Joslyn to invite me to her blog! You have to look at Holli's blog. She posted new pics. You are going to love having grand babies....what's the hold-up,Jos???

Kim said...

YUMMY!!! I don't think I could ever make it as good as you but I am sure going to try! Thanks for posting the recipe and fabulous pic- yay! Hope you are feeling better and had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Loved your blog about your hot date!!! ;-) You have the cutest kids- i can't even believe that Mitch is 16.

Anonymous said...

Dear Whiting family. I was JUST cleaning out an old drawer and found all the kids headshots which I have kept all these years. Then today, I received your Christmas card. I can't stop crying but they are tears of joy. I have never, ever forgotten you. You precious, precious family. I love you all so much. Please email some time at nashvillebabe@aol.com or check out my website at www.loristegner.com

I look forward to hearing from you. I wish you my love, good health, happiness and God's awesome blessings. Lori