Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Beautiful weather ...time to celebrate!

Where else can you go to lunch and sit outside in the middle of December? For all of you that know how many years it took me to come back home---it was worth the wait! There is not a day that goes by that I don't say, "pinch me is this real"! I love sunny ARIZONA! I love everything about it! Especially going out for Mexican food and enjoying the sunny weather in the winter! Laurisa and I went to celebrate after she took her A.C.T test! When I told her," it's your last time you'll ever have to take it ....you'll never have to see that test again!" She replied with, "Thank goodness" She felt like this time was her best out of the 4 times she took it! With each try her score improved! She just put in her application to BYU! Exciting times that deserve a celebration!

8 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Oh, you had to post this today!! I have always said it doesn't get very cold here in Boise.....until now! It is colder then it has been in the 10 years I have lived here!! It really is cold. I wouldn't get out of my car for 10 minutes because I didn't want to get cold again!! I am hoping this chill will pass thru quickly!!

Laurisa, you should consider Boise State.....it DOES NOT get as cold here as Provo!!! :) I bet it feels sooooo good to have THE test done. HOORAY!! love you!

Amber said...

Yahoo is right! Good for you Laurisa, to be willing to take it 4 times. That is one seriously tedious test. I can just see you at BYU now!

LOOOVE the picture!!! That looks fun...and yes, I am very cold. =)

joslyn marie said...

Congrats sis :) I miss rubios! I love arizona too :) love you guys

Katie said...

Second of all, do you have to rub it in at the end of the SECOND cancelled school day because of ICE STORMS? I mean, have some mercy. Cute bag, by the way. New York goodie?

Meg said...

I am so sure... while the rest of the world is struggling with airport closures and dumping snow.. of course you would rub in the warm weather you are having.. MEANIE!! ahhahaha Live it up.. I would! Love you

THE BESSE BUNCH said...

I KNOW I LOVE AZ WINTER WEATHER. ITS SO BLASTED COLD HERE!!! I LOVE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU HAVE WITH ALL YOUR KIDS, IT IS SO SPECIAL!! I HOPE THAT ME AND MATT CAN BE AS CLOSE AS YOU ARE WITH YOUR KIDS!! HEY GIVE ME CALL SO I CAN LEARN ALL ABOUT PICASSA AND DO THE NEAT COLLAGES. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU TONS!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Jill Heaps said...

Monica, you are right I do hate you! Ha ha...I am just very jealous! I am sitting in our warm house getting ready to go out in our 20 degree weather...oh well WE get to go sledding and you DON'T! By the way, I haven't gotten your present yet, but Mom says I am going to be VERY excited! I have to wait till tomorrow...your so cruel!

marilyn said...

Laurisa you are amazing, taking that test 4 times and improving each time, you always put your heart in everything and you are always the best!!!!! What a girl, and I get to be your grandma so I won't brag, but you are the BEST!!!