Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas treats!

One of my favorite things about Christmas is to deliver neighbor gifts! This year I got some of my ideas off of my friend Kim's blog (she is so creative, and always has so many awesome ideas). So I thought I would share some of these fun ideas on my blog.
My neighbor gifts turned out so cute this year! They are hot chocolate boxes (that I bought at Costco) with a homemade candy cane (bought at Costco) and a bag of the homemade pretzel and oreo goodies all tied up in a bow!


Chocolate Covered Pretzels
  • Buy pretzels that are already dipped in Yogurt or Chocolate. You can get them at Sprouts in their bulk bins for 2.99 a lb.
  • melt green and red chocolate melts in microwave for 30 seconds at a time until fully melted. Directions are on the back of the bag.
  • cut a very tiny hole in zip lock bag, spoon in chocolate and squeeze on to pretzels.





Candy Cane Sprinkled Oreos

  • melt white chocolate melts same as above.
  • dip in crushed candy cane

We did these both for family night! They are so easy and taste so yummy. The Candy Cane sprinkled oreos are a family favorite. This is also a fun idea for Young Women's. We are going to do them this Wednesday at my house after having a gift exchange.

13 comments:

Britt said...

HEY! I want to be your neighbor!!!!! hehehe Those look yummy.

wendy said...

OOh I love those ideas! Especially cuz they look so EASY! That's the key word!

joslyn marie said...

You are the most creative. They are so good! I love you !!!! We can't wait to sleep over Christmas Eve :)

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Those are so cute. How are you? I know Susan misses you too. She lives so far away I don't know how I'm going to see her when I visit my mom. Your blog looks great. Looks like you have figured it all out.
Christy

Katie said...

OOhhhh...those look so good. I'm going to go out just as soon as this @#%%#@&** ice storm is over and I'm going to buy the ingredients and make them and then sit on the couch and eat every single one all by myself. I don't have any neighbors anyway!!

Amber said...

You made the packaging look so festive and beautiful...of course! Davin is looking at this with me saying...yummmmm, we need to get HER recipes! LOVE YOU!

Christina said...

I love that! I am always looking for fun, EASY things to make!

Kim said...

WOW! Those all look so gourmet Monica! Yum. You did make them look so cute with the packaging- they are sure to be a hit! I'm so glad you loved the idea- the YW will have so much fun making them.

wendy said...

you motivated me to start baking! My family has you to thank for all the yummy treats. I'm having a hard time getting into Christmas this year.

michelle said...

m@aol.comOhhh so very yummy! It sure was fun tonight. I think that the girls all really enjoyed the fun! I will give you a call in the morning.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Fun! We are going to make some this weekend. I picked up the Oreo's tonight! Thanks!

Cara said...

You have totally inspired me to try these recipes!

marilyn said...

You make everything look good and easy, I need to live with you and maybe it would rub off on me, thanks for the cute ideas, maybe I will even try a few. love you