Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas time in the BIG APPLE!



These pictures were taken from the airplane as we were landing in Manhattan New York. They seriously took my breath away! I am in love with the beauty that surrounds me!We were given a private tour and had a formal Christmas dinner at the U.N. building! So amazing!

The city that never sleeps---TIMES SQUARE! Wade and I love to walk and explore the city!

Taxis everywhere! I couldn't help posting all these pictures! I got a new camera---an early Christmas present. I am in love with my new camera...it takes the most AMAZING pictures! I felt like a kid in a candy store!


We love Rockefeller Center! Christmas is definitely in the air!







A friend once accused me of having a charmed life, I don't know about that but I do know that this was a charmed vacation. It all started by getting bumped up to first class---that pretty much described the whole trip! FIRST CLASS all the way!
Wade and I spent 5 days in New York at the Waldorf Astoria! It felt like the life of the rich and famous for a few days any way. We had a day at the Waldorf spa, shopping, dining at the U.N., Broadway musicals, sight seeing, and of course our favorite... New York pizza! There is nothing that compares to New York at Christmas time! The whole city is lit up with the most beautiful window decorations! It is quite a sight to see! Wade and I didn't want to sleep because we didn't want to miss a minute of it! We have so many traditions and things we love to do in New York, this year we started some new ones but kept the old so we were continually on the run! I came home ready for the festivities of Christmas to begin!

12 comments:

Christina said...

I love New York, too. Although, I will definitely have to make a point to go out for Christmas. Your pictures make me totally envious! I would love to know who you trusted enough in NYC to take the pictures for you?! Sounds/looks like you guys had a great time!

Katie said...

I love NY at Christmas! I'm jealous. And yes, you DO live a charmed life! And you deserve it. I want to hear more about your new camera!

Amber said...

Hey Christi, I need an invite to your blog!

Monica, your pictures look like a fantasy world! I'm glad we can see pictures of the beauty. Wow. Do I see glasses on Wade when he is not reading? Bifocals are the next step. Where did you find such a cool tie to match your dress?! Your last camera was awesome so you better give us the scoop on your new one. Glad you had so much fun!!

joslyn marie said...

I have been waiting for this post! How adorable. I have the cutest parents in the world. I love the one of you guys kissing under the umbrella! Ha. Golden and i were so jealous the whole time we kept saying we wish we were in new york with you!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I love this post!! Your pictures made me almost feel like I was with you!!:)
What camara did you get? ( i really like mine, but need to find out exactly HOW to use it.) Your pictures are amazing!!! BEAUTIFUL!

You looked adorable in your NY hat. Wade didn't look too bad either:) Thanks for sharing, super fun post.

Meg said...

One of my dreams on my list is Rocafeller center during Christmas time!! SO JEALOUS! I work for JetBlue and I still haven't been :(
Man sounds like you were livin large while you were there.
love you!

Monica said...

My camera is incredible! I've never seen a camera like this one before! I researched for a long time, because I wanted one that took pictures like a DSLR but was a compact. Many of the professionals use it when they don't want to carry around their large cameras. It is so tiny I keep it in my purse in case there is a Kodak moment! It's the brand new Cannon 990! You'll absolutely love it!

Britt said...

It looked Freezying and fun! Welcome back to reality!

Jill Heaps said...

What a fantastic trip! I am soo glad that you were able to go!

marilyn said...

All I can say is Wow, you two are amazing all the exciting things you do, I can't imagine you taking even better pictures you are already the picture queen. What a fun trip for the two of you, Thanks for sharing its kinda like we got to go to but not quite, maybe someday. Love you

Tara said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm jealous, I love NY! Who doesn't? I miss you guys!!

Kim said...

HOW FUN!!! looks like you were spoiled rotten- it was so fun to see all the pics after hearing about the trip at the luncheon. You are such a babe- you look fab in every picture! I've got to get to NY! Looks so fun. And YAHOO for a new camera! The pictures all look so crisp and clear and great!