Friday, December 26, 2008

The Gift of Love

Christmas morning was truly a memorable one! This year we have a new family member, Golden Goodman and I should also include their dog, Dolce. It was so wonderful to have them with us! They spent the night on Christmas Eve. Wade and I woke to giggling in the other room pretending to be looking at all the presents, "Yes, I got a life saver story book in my stocking!" I new better, but figured it was time to get up! They were all waiting in Laurisa's room for Wade and I to wake up! We started with the traditional singing of Jingle Bells and all wrote our gift to the Savior this year! My favorite part of it all... was feeling the LOVE that each family member has for each other! The excitement they felt as they could hardly wait for them to open the gift they gave them! I love that they are always more excited to give than to recieve! We had our traditional Christmas morning breakfast with our family along with Great Nana, Nana and Paul, Tom, Holly, and Waylan. After, we played games, snowboarded on the Wii, watched Dolce play with Paco and Roxy, watched videos of past Christmas', watched Christmas movies and listened to Mitch play on his new keyboard for 7 hours straight, hmmmm....I wonder if he liked his gift?!!!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I really want to hear Mitch play! That Wii can really give a work out. We played at Parish's one year until 2:00 a.m. Your Christmas sounds wonderful! I love this time of year.

Christina said...

I love the dog costumes! They are too cute! Giving is so much fun, I would have to agree!

marilyn said...

What is in that red star box that Wade is so excited about. I can feel the excitement with all of you together!

joslyn marie said...

That was so much fun! Love you !!!

Basarabas said...

How fun! Love seeing pictures of your cute family!