Saturday, December 6, 2008

Winter Formal


I'm sitting here waiting up for Laurisa to came home after her date to Highland Highschools Winter Formal. My all time favorite thing is to wait up for my teenagers and hear all about their dates! I keep telling myself not to live vicariously through my children but I can't help it...it is just way to much fun! I ABSOLUTELY love teenagers! They are so much FUN!!!
Tonight I found out that they changed the dinner to one of my best friends house instead of the restaurant they were planning on going to. So I called her to ask her if she needed any help...of course she said no, but said just come over and visit! I am so glad that I went over because feeding 22 teens is not an easy task! Her brother is a gourmet chef. It was the fanciest meal I've ever seen! I came home stuffed because he kept asking me to taste everything! It was all amazing! I'm so grateful for good friends and mothers that go all out in behalf of my children! Thanks Rochelle for all your hard work you did tonight!
I came home and my husband had finished all the wash and had everything all folded in the closet, the suitcases out and an itinerary and packing list of what I needed for our trip to New York tomorrow! He never ceases to amaze me! I don't know what I would do with out him! If I was half as organized as he is our home would run so much smoother, I guess that is why we make such a great team... he makes up the difference where I lack! Thanks Wade I don't know what I would do without you!

8 comments:

Jeremy Whiting said...

Looks like fun, your photography skills continue to amaze!

Amber said...

I love that we can see all the pictures! These look so much fun. I think Laurisa is having fun every minute of her life...and has a fun Mom to match. I love your family pictures. I missed your phone call and I've been slow listening to my messages this week. Maybe I can catch you before you are off to NY. Love YOu!

Meg said...

Monica.. I love that you love taking pictures as much as I do! I am pretty sure if things didn't go digital I would need a wharehouse to to place all my photos in!! Because the days before digital I have 32 photo boxes:)!

Laurisa looks like she is in a wedding gown she looks so elegant!! Maybe she should save it as one :)!
Love you alL!

Jill Heaps said...

Looks like a very fun night! You look beautiful Laurisa! Wade, how do you do it? I seriously don't know how you got all the organizing skills--TEACH me!!!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Beautiful!! We LOVED seeing all the gorgeous pictures. It makes me excited for the datinq years. But I am NOT wishing the time away, time is going way to fast as it is!! We love you, have fun in NY!

Christina said...

What a beauty! How old is she now? I hope she had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Katie said...

Beautiful pictures of your family, your kids, your shopping and your bread. I'm going to copy you and put pictures of my whole wheat bread on my blog. And my granola. I don't think pictures of me shopping online would be very interesting, so I won't put those on. My kids don't date here in outer darkness, so I can't do any of those either. Oh well, I guess I'll just stick to foods. You are my inspiration!

marilyn said...

When does Laurisa not have fun, she is so darling inside and out, I remember those years of waiting for my kids to come home and hearing all about their dates, all too soon it passes but it keeps on being great especially when you see what great parents your kids turn out to be. Wade still surprises me you are spoiled and so is he and I'm glad you both deserve each other love you have fun in NY you must be there because I haven't been able to get a hold of you. Enjoy your trip love yo