Thursday, December 4, 2008

Shop till You DROP!!!


One of our favorite traditions is for the the girls and I to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving(black Friday). It has become one of our favorite days together! We wake up at 4:00 (which is an amazing feat for me) and we shop all day until we are exhausted, to try to get all the great deals! One of the best deals that I have ever found was last year, my laptop that I am using right now to blog! I paid $300 for a $800 dollar computer. Anyone that knows me knows I love a good deal! It is definitely an adrenaline rush! We have such fun memories from years past that we always laugh at through the day! This year Joslyn spent the night so she could wake up and go with us! It was such a treat to have her back home with us! We started off by going to Kohls to get a GPS for $50--no wonder the check out line wrapped around the store! Then headed for Chandler Mall! We were able to get all of our Christmas shopping done!
When we came home, Wade had put the Christmas tree up, cleaned the house and taken all Jakes friends to the bowling alley for his birthday party! We hurried and changed for family pictures with my side of the family, then Mom and Paul treated us to our favorite restaurant Tia Rosas. It was a fun but exhausting day! Wade and I both dropped by 9:00 that night but got woken up by our kids coming home with all their friends asking if they can hang out at our house! No rest for the weary!

3 comments:

Britt said...

I hate long lines.....we went that day also but later in the morning.
I love your new family photo it is beautiful.

Christina said...

I, too, love Black Friday and the accompaning adrenaline rush! I am definitely going to keep my eye out next year for the computer deal! Nice work!

marilyn said...

I love how much fun your family always has just being together, I hate missing out, but thanks for sharing its is almost like being there. I'm so glad the concert went well. Love you