Friday, December 26, 2008

Let it snow ...Let it snow... Let it SNOW!!!

My spontaneous and CRAZY family--- one night, a week before Christmas planned a ski/snowboarding trip to Colorado! I expressed concern that if I left in a day how would I be ready for Christmas, especially coming back home on Christmas Eve. They all assured me that with all of their help it wouldn't be a problem! Laurisa and Joslyn spent almost the whole day wrapping presents and the kids had the house sparkling clean! So we all packed our winter gear and loaded Big Red for a vacation to Colorado! They were determined to follow through with their plan even with Laurisa having a fever the day before and Jacob throwing up the whole 7 hour car ride. We ski/snowboarded two days and stayed in the cutest cottage-like Marriott!

We were spoiled with the perfect ski conditions! TONS OF SNOW!!! I have never skied in so much powder! It was amazing! It spoiled us for any other kind of conditions! We all loved skiing in powder to our knees! It was truly a beautiful winter wonderland! We had such a wonderful vacation together! My family said I was the most quotable, but I can't remember any of my wise quotes right now! I'm sure they'll remember them forever! We enjoyed every night coming back to our warm cottage getting into our new Christmas pajamas(that we opened early), drinking hot chocolate, watching Christmas movies and enjoying the wonderful atmosphere of Durango Colorado! It brought back a flood of memories skiing there with my family growing up! I'm so thankful for my CrAzY, FUN, Spontaneous family that talks me into doing things that create wonderful memories for years to come! Also thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Whiting and Nana and Paul for the money for the lift tickets! It was the best Christmas present EVER!!! We are also thankful for Wades platinum reward points for free Marriott stays! It was truly the perfect vacation and got us in the Christmas spirit!

9 comments:

Amber said...

I'm not surprised! Spontaneous, adventure, fun and great family memories are your trademark. Merry Christmas!

marilyn said...

You have already had a lifetime of fun and adventure, you will never slow down, nobody does more then you guys I can't believe you can even remember where you live. Its not fair you had all that snow and not freezing weather, but remember Utah is the "best snow on earth" Your family has so many fun memories to cherish forever. Love you

Amber said...

Thanks for the book! It is really beautiful. I love getting perspective about the Savior.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

How FUN! I love that you decided the night before!!! It looked like perfect conditions, especially for boarding!!! I LOVE family ski vacations, they are so bonding. Someday you guys need to join us in Targhee for our annual Springbreak trip!! Loved the pictures!

Janelle said...

Oh I'm so jealous! You guys are such a fun family. I need to talk Brent into being more spontaneous. :)

Monica said...

JoLyn,
WE need to join you! That sounds so fun! I remember how much fun we had skiing with you that one year in Utah! When is your spring break??? This year is Mitchell's turn to go with Wade and I to D.C. for Spring break! We might go skiing in Brianhead at the beginning of our spring break and then D.C. Let me know the Date to see if it is a possibility! If not maybe next year! Next year we will be down to just the boys! Weird huh! Love ya!

michelle said...

Welcome home! It looks, and sounds like it was such a wonderful time. I am so glad that it all came together for you, and everyone is feeling better. I will give you a call tomorrow. Hugs, Michelle

Cara said...

Oh how much fun is that? Zach has been dying to go snowboarding this whole month and with the few storms the state has had we just might be able to escape for a day up north! Always fun to create memoties with family..looks like you had a blast!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

That would be soooo fun! Our spring break is usually around March 20th. This year it is the 23rd-27th. It is amazing snow AND warmer spring temps, which I love!!

Will you remind me when EFY sign ups are? I also wanted to check on the first session Mitch went on last year, that sounded really neat.
love you.